Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Product Giveaway October 9!! EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Product Giveaway October 9!!

+9
Julie M
robjud
robyn
Soupie
kylie01
MandyJ
redant
melodydamom
vickstar
13 posters

Go down

Product Giveaway October 9!! Empty Product Giveaway October 9!!

Post by vickstar Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:25 pm

Sorry ladies, i got so caught up in the CC hype and chat that i forgot to give you the product giveaway for today!! Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_redface

So.. without further ado... todays product giveaway is Little Yellow Bicycle - 25 Days - Photo Corners!!

Product Giveaway October 9!! LYB-219

Today i would like to know what was your all time favourite Movie from the 50's - 80's??

Because i was late posting this today, you will get til midnight tomorrow (saturday) night to tell us your answer!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Product Giveaway October 9!! Empty Re: Product Giveaway October 9!!

Post by vickstar Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:33 pm

My favourite movie is Top Gun (1986)!! I just love the music in the movie, oh heck, i just love the whole movie!! Its so corny but so funny, then so sad!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by melodydamom Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 pm

dirty dancing (1987)
melodydamom
melodydamom

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:07 pm

I am going to have to say, The Slipper and the Rose (1976). It is a British musical film retelling the classic fairy tale of Cinderella and is one of my all time favourite movies. Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_king Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_queen
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by MandyJ Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:58 pm

I'd have to say Grease .... and Dirty Dancing!!! Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_smile
MandyJ
MandyJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kylie01 Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:09 pm

Beaches (Bette Midler)
kylie01
kylie01

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Sat Oct 10, 2009 12:30 am

I'm another Dirty Dancing fan! (I saw it at the movies 3 times!!!)
But I also loved the "brat pack" movies like Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, St Elmo's Fire, Ferris Bueller's Day Off...I could go on...

I just remembered The Lost Boys - I LOVED this one!!! (Full of hotties!)
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:18 am

My favourite movie of all time was released in 1958... Vertigo.
It stars James Stewart and Kim Novak, directed by the master of suspense, Alfred Hitchcock. Vertigo is listed as #40 in the top 250 films of all time on IMDb (International Movie Database). This masterpiece is a tribute to
the players, the director, and the composer of the most haunting musical
score that stays with you forever. Exquisite.

Back to top Go down

Post by robyn Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:01 am

Grease! I loved it!
robyn
robyn

Back to top Go down

Post by robjud Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:41 am

Local Hero. I loved the music and the humour.
robjud
robjud

http://judith-pagesofmemories.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:44 am

My very fav movie is Running On Empty with River Phoenix.

Love it! I have not seen it in years.... must find a copy Smile
Julie M
Julie M

http://enlighteningtheworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:38 am

vertigo wrote:My favourite movie of all time was released in 1958... Vertigo.
It stars James Stewart and Kim Novak, directed by the master of suspense, Alfred Hitchcock. Vertigo is listed as #40 in the top 250 films of all time on IMDb (International Movie Database). This masterpiece is a tribute to
the players, the director, and the composer of the most haunting musical
score that stays with you forever. Exquisite.

So that's where "Vertigo" comes from...I've always wondered about that! Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkKittyGurl Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:50 am

Pretty in Pink!
PinkKittyGurl
PinkKittyGurl

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Sat Oct 10, 2009 10:33 am

There were just sooooo many good movies in this time frame. Heaps have already been mentioned - but what about "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun", "Ghostbusters", "Princess Bride", "The Goonies". The list is never ending! This is a fun thread and makes me want to run to the video shop. Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:17 am

A Star is Born with Barabra Striesand and Chris Kristoffensen
He was a bit yummy back then!!! Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_lol
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fullofscrap Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:56 am

I liked movies like "When Harry met Sally' and "Indiana Jones" from the 80's. Love Harrison Ford... Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_smile
fullofscrap
fullofscrap

http://mycreativefootprints.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkKittyGurl Sat Oct 10, 2009 2:12 pm

(Oh and The Princess Bride.) queen
PinkKittyGurl
PinkKittyGurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharonscrapper Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:20 pm

Hi I know that the give away is finished but I haven't been around for a few days so I am catching up on everything that has been going on. I love Vertigo as well. We actually bought the Hitchcock collection on DVD and Vertigo is one of them it is a fantastic movie. Love Hitchcock.

I'm a Musical girl so I love the King and I and the Sound of Music. When I was young I got to stay up really late and watch the Sound of Music on T.V. it was a huge thing to be allowed to do.

We love Movies here so I can't really say my absolute favourite but maybe Dead Poets Society. I was doing my Education Degree at the time it came out and just loved it.

Take Care
Sharon
Sharonscrapper
Sharonscrapper

http://rhapsodyincraft.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:31 pm

Sharonscrapper wrote:Hi I know that the give away is finished but I haven't been around for a few days so I am catching up on everything that has been going on. I love Vertigo as well. We actually bought the Hitchcock collection on DVD and Vertigo is one of them it is a fantastic movie. Love Hitchcock.

I'm a Musical girl so I love the King and I and the Sound of Music. When I was young I got to stay up really late and watch the Sound of Music on T.V. it was a huge thing to be allowed to do.

We love Movies here so I can't really say my absolute favourite but maybe Dead Poets Society. I was doing my Education Degree at the time it came out and just loved it.

Take Care
Sharon

Sharon!!! I love that you love Vertigo too!!! I love Hitchcock too - my very favourites other than Vertigo are; Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, The Lady Vanishes, The Man Who Knew Too Much (remake with JS & DD), Shadow of a Doubt, Rebecca... all most all of them really (but these ones spring to mind first). I'm 30 but I love movies dating back to the 30's (I've even watched some of Hitch's silent movies from the 20's eg: The Lodger).

Also I love musicals too - and we were allowed to stay up to watch The Sound of Music too! It was a big deal for us too!!! It was long and it would be mega late! My other favourite musicals are; Mary Poppins, Victor/Victoria, Calamity Jane, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Singin' in the Rain, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Grease, Xanadu, The King and I, High Society (one of my very faves), plus anything with Frank Sinatra, Doris Day and Marilyn Monroe... I'll stop now, but boy do I love musicals!!!

Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharonscrapper Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:16 am

vertigo wrote:
Sharonscrapper wrote:Hi I know that the give away is finished but I haven't been around for a few days so I am catching up on everything that has been going on. I love Vertigo as well. We actually bought the Hitchcock collection on DVD and Vertigo is one of them it is a fantastic movie. Love Hitchcock.

Take Care
Sharon

Sharon!!! I love that you love Vertigo too!!! I love Hitchcock too - my very favourites other than Vertigo are; Rear Window, Strangers on a Train, The Lady Vanishes, The Man Who Knew Too Much (remake with JS & DD), Shadow of a Doubt, Rebecca... all most all of them really (but these ones spring to mind first). I'm 30 but I love movies dating back to the 30's (I've even watched some of Hitch's silent movies from the 20's eg: The Lodger).

Also I love musicals too - and we were allowed to stay up to watch The Sound of Music too! It was a big deal for us too!!! It was long and it would be mega late! My other favourite musicals are; Mary Poppins, Victor/Victoria, Calamity Jane, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Singin' in the Rain, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Grease, Xanadu, The King and I, High Society (one of my very faves), plus anything with Frank Sinatra, Doris Day and Marilyn Monroe... I'll stop now, but boy do I love musicals!!!

Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin Product Giveaway October 9!! Icon_biggrin

Wow we certainly have a lot in common. I could go on and on about Musicals as well. My daughter when she was 1 would only calm down if she got to watch Mary Poppins. We had to take it with us everywhere. We have the Roger's and Hammerstein collection. And how about these ones : Brigadoon, On the Town, Show Boat, West Side Story, Kiss Me Kate, Take Me out to the Ball Game, Fiddler on the Roof, The Wizard of Oz, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers I also have The Phantom fo the Opera on DVD. And you really shouldn't get me started on things Like The Man who Knew too Much we actually rewatched that a couple of weeks ago, Love JS and DD. My Kids even Like Roman Holiday especially the Mouth of Truth, we had one at our local shopping centre and my DD would put her hand in it and then hide her hand up her sleeve to pretend she had been telling lies. Just love the classics. If we had Foxtel I would definitely get the classic movies channel. Probably just as well we don't. Also Hitchcock we love to watch and see where his little cameo is, it is lots of fun. My Husband really likes North by North West, how about The Birds. I know I should but I just haven't yet watched Psycho! We have it!

O.k. I will stop now as well.

Have a great day Vertigo.

Take Care
Sharonscrapper
Sharonscrapper

http://rhapsodyincraft.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 pm

I love Psycho, but it actually spooks me out!!! More so then any graphic horror flick then they churn out now. It's so well done - the music and atmospherics are in a league of there own. I love all those musicals you mentioned, although I haven't seen The Phantom of the Opera. Another lovely musical is Young at Heart - I didn't mention it because it has Frank Sinatra and Doris Day and I said "anything with FS and DD in it" - but I love those sort of movies. My 6 year old daughter absolutely loves Mary Poppins and the Sound of Music (although she hasn't made it past the wedding yet - she falls asleep by then) Product Giveaway October 9!! Lol
"The Birds" is good and another good one with Tippi Hedren is "Marnie" which also stars Sean Connery (I think it's a bit underrated). "Frenzy" is not suitable for children, so I didn't see it until I was older, but it is very suspenseful. We used to watch all the Hitchock movies when we were little as a family and really enjoyed them. Yes it's fun looking for Hitch's cameo (apparently he made the cameo nearer to the very beginning of the film because people were getting distracted from concentrating on the film, looking for him!).

I could go on forever too!!!

Product Giveaway October 9!! Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down