Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Daily ramblings - Page 11 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Daily ramblings

+18
retta
downunderdame
Charmane
Billie
AuraScrap
PinkKittyGurl
Victoria
Julie M
MandyJ
Soupie
redant
melodydamom
vickstar
Vicki
fullofscrap
robyn
robjud
Kathie
22 posters

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Go down

Daily ramblings - Page 11 Empty Re: Daily ramblings

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:59 pm

scraphappykat wrote:Hi Chantal, they have all gone to the market today to sell egg and bacon rolls....I'm still ticked off with them. My back is not to bad just letting me know its there so I will fold up some clothes and get that done. not to much else I can do with out causing great pain anyway!! So maybe I can stand and scrap awhile, maybe not either but we will see!! I actually don't feel all that well either.
Have a great weekend girls
xoxo

Kathie, have you tried drinking lots and lots of water? Apparently the more water the better for back pain. You're probably beyond that and may already know, but it can't hurt! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkKittyGurl Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:01 pm

Oh Victoria, how scary, so glad you are OK, must have been a terrible shock. Sorry to hear about the car, hope things are sorted for you very soon.

Hope you feel better Kathie!
PinkKittyGurl
PinkKittyGurl

Back to top Go down

Post by fullofscrap Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:05 pm

That's just aweful V! Thank God you're okay though. Hope you feel better real soon! (((((hugs)))))
fullofscrap
fullofscrap

http://mycreativefootprints.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:17 pm

Chantal wrote:
scraphappykat wrote:Hi Chantal, they have all gone to the market today to sell egg and bacon rolls....I'm still ticked off with them. My back is not to bad just letting me know its there so I will fold up some clothes and get that done. not to much else I can do with out causing great pain anyway!! So maybe I can stand and scrap awhile, maybe not either but we will see!! I actually don't feel all that well either.
Have a great weekend girls
xoxo

Kathie, have you tried drinking lots and lots of water? Apparently the more water the better for back pain. You're probably beyond that and may already know, but it can't hurt! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_smile

Yes Chantal I drink upwards of 3 liters a day normally.
my problem stems from the heavy lifting I have done during my younger life. Just a word of warning to all you beautiful ladies who think that doing a man's work is cool.......I now suffer awfully because I used to throw sleepers and boulders around when I owned a landscraping business and to say nothing of the heavy farm work that I used to do as well......Now I am extremely strong and don't get me wrong I'm sure you girls are too, BUT the damage its done to my back is not repairable at all..... there is nothing that the Dr's can do to help....so every 3-5 years I will have a spell in hospital in shocking pain because of it...I don't have anything to prove.....I'm a good wife and mother and I think that my body was designed for that.....let blokes do blokes work......no I'm not having a go at anybody.....I've just realized to late for me and I'm trying to warn you beautiful ladies so that you don't have to suffer like I do.......oh and I'm not yet 50 so please take this in the spirit its meant....
xoxo
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Sat Dec 05, 2009 8:08 pm

V - OMG - I hope you are OK - that must of been very scary. You must be right, not your time for heaven yet. Thank God for that. I don't blame you for crying when you saw your car - it must of been awful. As for Christmas being a poor affair - I guess at least you are here - which I am sure is the most important thing in your family's mind. If there is anything I can send to help out let me know.

Kath - I certainly don't take what you wrote as mean spirited - I take it as good advice from someone who is in a position to give it. Thank you for thinking of us!

Hugs all round!
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:51 pm

Thanks for the heads up Kathie! Most appreciated! Smile I guess you've tried every gimmick that's out there too to relieve the pain. Have you ever heard of "back balls"? Luckily I don't do any heavy lifting etc. - but even carrying babies around can be pretty hardcore sometimes - especially soon after birth. I agree with you totally about letting blokes do blokes work - so right. Smile Unless your frame rivals Arnie or Sly someone! I hope you feel better soon and tip top for Christmas! santa

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:43 am

I think it's all a bit of a delayed reaction, i'm just thankful the kids weren't in the car. All i can remember is it all being in slow motion when the hit occurred, like a dream. now for the first time in my life i'm having nightmares, but anthea you're right at least i'm here for christmas Smile thanks for all your warm comments, means a lot!
Victoria
Victoria

http://www.scrapping2perfection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by robyn Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:02 am

Victoria this is dreadful news. (((hugs))) I am so glad to hear you safe but feel so terrible for you. I hope you recover quickly and manage to find a good car at a good price soon.

Kathie..why is it that the family fins it so hard to multi task?? It is amazing how you can watch TV and fold clothes etc!
I feel for you, with all of that heavy lifting and yes we do do things without realising the future consequences. Mind you even so called light duties can hurt too. My mother used to scrub the floor on her knees from a very young age and had to go to her grandmothers to do it as well, from years of doing this she ended up with needing surgery.
robyn
robyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:10 am

ooohhhhh that is not such a light dutie Robyn!! I'm glad that as women we have mops and great floor cleaners these days!!! I am very happy to report that today my back is so much better. Minimal pain and about 60% movement. YAY I thank you all for your kind thoughts and love......I was in serious trouble for a couple of days there....Take care lovely ladies have a happy Sunday!! I'm off to church soon, different one this week as my girlfriend & husband are having their son dedicated!!
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:37 pm

Victoria wrote:I think it's all a bit of a delayed reaction, i'm just thankful the kids weren't in the car. All i can remember is it all being in slow motion when the hit occurred, like a dream. now for the first time in my life i'm having nightmares, but anthea you're right at least i'm here for christmas Smile thanks for all your warm comments, means a lot!

That was exactly how our accident was for us! Slow motion - like a dream - a bit like an out-of-body experience. Very strange. Like they have in the movies too.

Hopefully your nightmares will fade away very soon!

Take care!

Back to top Go down

Post by robyn Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:21 am

Victoria I hope you are feeling better today and Kathie so glad to know things are improving for you.
robyn
robyn

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkKittyGurl Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:39 am

Morning all

Off to work this morning, bleh. Feeling better thought so I guess that's a plus.

Will be a busy week as I'm on leave from Friday, so of course I'll be rushed off my feet.

Have a great day all!
PinkKittyGurl
PinkKittyGurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:09 am

Hi lovely ladies!!
Well today is the first drug free day!! Back is a little sore but I will baby it for the day so it doesn't get any worse.......I can't live in a fog and that is what the drugs do....I just can't think or do anything quickly its awful really.
V I really hope that you are feeling a little bit better today, its dreadful to have pain that just won't go away.....makes one so crabby and unhappy and trying to get on top of it seems impossible at times....Glad that Clynt is home to help you out..........
I pray that all of you have a fantastic day and enjoy what ever you are doing!!
xoxo
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:11 am

Oh the drug free bit sounds funny Daily ramblings - Page 11 Lol to clarify that statement: that is drugs for my back to take away the pain!!! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_bounce Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_bounce Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_bounce
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:39 am

Daily ramblings - Page 11 Lol Kathie, its prescription drugs, NOT recreational drugs!! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Lol
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Victoria Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:43 am

I'm off to the doctors today for a check up and i'm not really happy about the stitches on my cheek...glad i'm not a model, my career would be over lol

The headaches come and go but you would think by now they would be gone, and i just purchased a new set of prescription glasses last week and they were crumbled to bits in the accident, so that was $399 i have to find again for a new pair...it's the season to be jolly, don't think it's going to be that jolly in our household but it's not the presents that make christmas, it's the people right Smile
Victoria
Victoria

http://www.scrapping2perfection.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:21 pm

OMG V, I just read your news!!! That is AWFUL! I am sooooo glad that you are OK and that you didn't have the kids with you! (Look at that terrible accident in NSW yesterday with the family of 5 that all passed away after colliding with a truck - you are so lucky to have come away with only minor injuries.) As for the car, the glasses, the presents, the money - it all means nothing in the end, as long as our loved ones are with us and safe. (We will also be having a very tight Christmas in our house, but I don't care, there are so many other things to be thankful for.) Don't buy any Lotto tickets V, I think you may have used up all your luck for now! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_wink

Kathie, I am so glad to hear that you are finally starting to feel better, and I am hearing you about the mess. (I walked in today to find that DP had done NOTHING in the few days I had been away. Can't imagine what it is going to look like after I have been away for almost 2 weeks! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_evil )

Robyn, I am so glad that you & your friend enjoyed your special day together. I hope you are both doing OK at the moment.

Chantal - I have just been down in Bris at my mum's place, am home for 2 days and am going away again. This time to Townsville to stay with Mandy and her family. Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

OK, think I am all caught up now...PHEW! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_eek
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by robyn Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:12 am

Sue you are so busy! Have a fun time though.

kathie I had to have a giggle about the drugs...we knew it was prescription silly. Glad you feel you can go without but don't if it is too bad.

Victria you just can't win! I hate it when you just pay out then have to do it again! I hope the doctor was able to help out with the stitches and headaches.
robyn
robyn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:21 am

Hi beautiful friends!!! Well today the fog has cleared and I must say even though its raining my bck feels okay!!! Mobility is still a bit of a problem, but that is okay as we will get there.......next step.....DIET....such a dirty 4 letter word that is!!!
Just a flying visit, I'm sorry, am flat out today as I have some commissioned work that I have to do as its due tomorrow Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_eek
Thanks for all your care and your beautiful comments, always made me feel so much better when I read them......
Love you all have a great day
Kathie
xoxo
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:41 pm

OK - just wanted to share with you some of my day. Grab a coffee cause this is likely to be long.

We get up this morning and DS is up and ready to go....dressed and everything, 'cause it is his birthday and he cant wait to show off his fancy new brand name shoes that he got from us. (Gawd - I can't believe at 10 he is into brand name stuff). Anyway - I am excited and thinking the morning is going to be a good one....which is not typical of a work day...when DS says "Muuuummmm - my head is itchy!" I think "Crap - you are joking right?" A very quick check of his hair proves that that kind of joke is beyond him and he does infact have a head full of lice...(Well not full - but 10 or so!) So now at 7.30 in the morning...I am applying Banlice (or something with a name to that effect) on his head...we let it sit for the required 10 minutes, then he has to strip off (yep those shoes with laces and straps that take about 10 minutes to put on had to come off too) and wash his hair. Then a good 10 - 15 minutes of actually removing the lice follows. Now I am meant to leave at 8....and we are using up that time very quickly.....I also have to check DDs hair - which is no easy feat - 'cause 2.5 years olds dont understand why you are acting like a monkey and searching and picking at their hair. Phew...she is clear.

Somewhere through all of this I have to fill out a lunch order...(a special birthday treat) and get rid of the ants that have decided my sink and cupboards look good (It really is a 'crittery' type of day.) Get DD ready - thank the Lord above that she only wanted toast and butter today.

I somehow manage to be out of the house at around 8.15 - which is pretty good considering...but now I am 15 minutes late for work - that is OK...I will call them at 8.30 to let them know I what is going on. I drop DD off - that goes well, and then try calling work to let them know I am a bit behind....no answer....OK...thats fine. I keep going and drop DS off who is terribly distressed that I am going to call the school and report his nits...."But Mum - they will all say...You got Birthday nits....you got birthday nits....." Gawd! Who thinks this stuff up - it is really very pathetic. Thats OK....in my good Mum voice I explain it is our duty and I will ensure that they don't mention your name...no one has to know. This appeases him, all is good.

I call work again. Still no answer. I arrive at work...no ones car is there! I get into our unit...no one is there! I am am 15 minutes late, but apparently everyone else is later! (I will say that I am expecting my boss to be late because she told me the day before.)

I seriously think that everyone is hiding around the corner playing funny buggers. I am not enjoying the joke. A quick search of the unit shows that no one is in fact hiding....no one is here. That's OK! I have been doing this job for years and have actually done it on my own many times....usually not on a very busy Tuesday morning though!

Our first patient arrives.... "bear with me!" I beg - got to go get keys...charts....etc. I come back and finally our receptionist arrives....it is now 5 to 9. I get our first patient up and running. I get our 2nd patient up and running. I start on our 3rd and 4th patients - more are arriving. Still I am the only nurse. Crap! I make a phone call.

My coworker basically says..."Oh is it Tuesday?" My response...."Ahhhhh. YEAH! all day!" She assures me she will be there soon as she has been for 90% of Tuesdays for the last year, being it is a regular work day for her. She finally arrives at 10ish to help out and between us we somehow get through the back log of patients now waiting.

Now that is just the first part of my day....I am still trying to figure out at what point it would of been good to crawl back into bed cause it never really did get much better. At the beginning of the day DS complained that his 10th birthday was awful - but he got a fancy wancy bag at the end of it to match his shoes - so he doesn't think his birthday was awful now. I got nothing....so I think he is right....his 10th birthday really could of been better.....maybe I should of got myself a bag too!

Thanks for letting me rant.....! Hugs to anyone that got all the way through!!! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_rolleyes
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:56 pm

Guess what Anthea?????? Miss Gillian turned 10 on Monday!!! Guess what Anthea??? This morning I had to treat Miss now 10 and Miss 8's hair for NITS....BIG NITS......NOT HAPPY!!! THEY WERE LATE FOR THEIR ORIENTATION DAY!!!! Oh and it was all MY fault!!!! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_mad I'm so over these rotten parents at our school who WON'T or DON'T treat their kids........the rest of the kids just keep getting re-infected.......I've really had it too!!!!
Well thats my rave for the day.....I did have a giggle Anthea....isn't it always the way with bad days? I'm glad you got it all sorted girlfriend.....I'm looking forward to meeting you in the holidays......I'm staying at a friends in Benalla, think its about 1/2 way......shall we get together for a coffee and a chat and let our kids kill each other oops I mean play, for a couple of hours??????? What you say???? Sound like a plan????
xoxo
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:00 pm

Daily ramblings - Page 11 Lol Anthea you are sooo funny!! I nearly fall off the chair laughing by the time i got to the end of that!! Smile It sounds like you had a rough day, but i hope you have re-read what you wrote and had a laugh at just how bad your day was!! I'm sure at the time it all would have been rather hectic and frustrating tho!! Smile (((hugs))) Daily ramblings - Page 11 Lol
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fullofscrap Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:22 pm

Daily ramblings - Page 11 Lol Anthea, you know what... you know how to tell a story! I was laughing so loud that my family thought I was crazy (not that's unusual Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_eek ). I hope you wil have a fabulous day tomorrow - to make up for today!!!
Kathy, I think you should go back to hospital (just to hide)... it hasn't been too good for you since you've returned home. Hope tomorrow is a great day for you too! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_sunny
Hugs to both of you!
fullofscrap
fullofscrap

http://mycreativefootprints.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:50 am

Daily ramblings - Page 11 Lol Anthea! Considering your day was so terrible, you certainly put a smile on my face reading that! I'm so glad it turned out not too bad in the end. (And yes, go get yourself a bag too! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_wink )
And Kathie, I hear your frustration - when I worked in daycare we used to have the same 2 kids coming in over and over again with nits. (The mother got sick of us ringing her all the time to come pick them up.) In the end we used to check them as soon as she dropped them off and we'd be calling before she got to the end of the street! Daily ramblings - Page 11 Icon_evil So not fair to people who do the right thing!
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by melodydamom Wed Dec 09, 2009 8:12 am

hiya everyone Wink
i got some photos printed while dad was here and dad got 2 films printed so i cant wait to use them Wink
looks like its going to be another hot day here.
the kids go to the grandparents tonight, will be nice to have some time to myself and to be able to sleep in.
i havent done any scrapbooking for weeks now, i hope to go to the last scrapbooking class of the year this friday.
we bought ourselves a wii for xmas so adrian and i and the kids have been playing with that.
its so much fun and very addicitve. its so different as u have to make it move yourself, with your body or arms.
we plan to go into town thurs afternoon and get some more xmas presents after adrians finished work.
then thurs nite adrian and i have a game of warhammer fantasy at the game shop in town.
i havent played it before, but thought i would give it a go.

have a great day all
tc from mel x
melodydamom
melodydamom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 38 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 24 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum