Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
can any one give me ideas to set up my tote EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

can any one give me ideas to set up my tote

5 posters

Go down

can any one give me ideas to set up my tote Empty can any one give me ideas to set up my tote

Post by julie pantic Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:22 pm

hi all
i was just wondering if anyone had any great ideas on setting up a tote.
also what tote is the best i would like a big one.
and where in australia can you get them.
thanks julie

julie pantic

Back to top Go down

can any one give me ideas to set up my tote Empty Re: can any one give me ideas to set up my tote

Post by sarah Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:14 pm

Hi Julie,

Welcome to scrapbooking top 50.
I used to use two scrapbooking totes when I went to my LSS for crops. However they have been sitting for a while unused in my scrap room. I do hope to use them if I go to a retreat in the future.

I bought one of mine from spotlight and one from Kmart.
They are quite a good size. They are they small size and style as this, but not fiskars and not as expensive. I think I picked them both up on special for around $20-30 each

http://www.scrapbooking-directory.com/compare/product/Fiskars-Craft-Crate-Rolling-Organizer-BRAND-NEW.html

In terms of organising them I never did have the best system. I would usually buy all my pp and carstock at the shop. But if I was taking it I would take it in something like this:

http://www.craftainers.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=3_14&products_id=518&osCsid=0795fe6959dbbeab485492f072d9e4d1

The totes had upright sections for pens, glues etc. If I had any specific embellies I wanted at the crop I would take them in their packaging, or if a container (if I had been organised and put them in one) or sometimes just chuck them into a ziplock sandwich.

The ladies at crops all had different systems, some brought almost their whole stash of scrapbooking supplies with them. Using totes, plastic storage boxes and folders. But I was just happy to take what I needed and buy anything else there. I guess it depends how much you want to take.

So i'd try spotlight, kmart lincraft if you have those near you.
Otherwise I have checked out this aussie website but never bought anything from there http://www.craftainers.com.au/

Ohh one of the ladies at my LSS had this massive tote similar to this http://store.scrapbook.com/cis-60000.html but bigger. It had all these sections that just keep folding out. Seemed like a Mary poppins bag! I was in awe. I think it may have been my making memories. She couldn't remember where she bought it.

Hope that helps. Hope you stick arounds and join in the fun challenges and cyber crops here.

Sarah x
sarah
sarah

http://www.scrapbookhabit.blogspot.com.au

Back to top Go down

can any one give me ideas to set up my tote Empty Re: can any one give me ideas to set up my tote

Post by julie pantic Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:57 pm

hi sarah,
thanks for all that.
i also have two smaller totes, but after my recent retreat i so want a large tote so i have only one thing to take with me.
as i am about to start weekly crops i want to have myself a bit more organized lol
thanks again it was great and i will pop into your blog soon
julie

julie pantic

Back to top Go down

Post by jjw Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:54 am

Im not an organised scrapper so if I go somewhere to scrap i tend to take a lot with me. What i have found awesome are the scrapbook drawers from Kmart for $39. They look big but they arent much bigger than taking 2 large totes. They have 6 drawers and its on wheels. It also fits snug on my front seat in the car. I havent used my tote since Smile
jjw
jjw

Back to top Go down

Post by lani_4620@hotmail.com Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:06 pm

Wow... you take those drawers to a crop?? I have the same drawers and I don't think I would have even thought about doing that!!

I've never been to a crop and have only been to one lesson at my LSS so can't offer any advice but I'm sure I'd be hopeless at figuring out what to take. I have read lots of blogs and whatnots on setting up totes etc (can't find any links off the top of my head though) and one of the best suggestions I've read is to have your tote always set up with staples like tapes etc etc. So basically, have one set of scrapping tools in your tote, and one in your scrap area so you never forget anything.
lani_4620@hotmail.com
lani_4620@hotmail.com

http://scrapping-and-life.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:58 pm

julie pantic wrote:hi sarah,
thanks for all that.
i also have two smaller totes, but after my recent retreat i so want a large tote so i have only one thing to take with me.
as i am about to start weekly crops i want to have myself a bit more organized lol
thanks again it was great and i will pop into your blog soon
julie

No problem Julie
sarah
sarah

http://www.scrapbookhabit.blogspot.com.au

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:03 pm

I bought my tote from Kmart too and got it for around $20 but its not a big one. (Not that I ever take it anywhere except occasionally to my mums...LOL)

As far as organising goes I am a big fan of making up page kits for myself and then just throw in my 'staples' that I tend to use over & over. I've never had to pack for a big event though, so might have to think more carefully, but definitely wouldnt be wanting to haul a whole heap of stuff like pps or cs I didnt need.

Good luck Julie, let us know how you go and any advice or tips you might have for others. (And feel free to share pics too.)
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:37 am

I found this gorgeous Cricut tote at my LSS around 9 months ago. As soon as I saw it I had to have it! Not only is it the type of colours that are me but I didn't want one of those roller thingys and I figured being I wanted something that I could keep my basics in that it would suit my needs perfect! It was a little pricey (~$140) but as soon as I saw it I couldn't stop thinking about it for days after so had to go back and get it. I haven't been to a crop either but have been to a few classes and I find this tote is so helpful. What I love the most is that it sets on my car seat and I just pick it up and carry it to class and it sits perfect under the desk next to me. The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't fit 12x12 paper in it - well you can but it bends a little. I wish they had've made it at least one inch higher but then I remember that it's not meant to be a scrapping tote, it's for a Cricut and that I still love it so all is forgotten!

I agree with Lani, keep a set of basics in your tote and keep them separate from your home scrap supplies. I have two of all my basics (craft knife, distress tool, ruler, tape, glue, mounting squares, corner rounder, etc) and when i'm not using my tote it lives in a certain area of my scrap room. When I first bought it I used to pack it each time I was heading to a class but that didn't work so I bought a second set of the basic tools over time and loaded them in. I did this because there are plenty of times that I got to class and realised I forgot to put tape in or some other most used item in a class. The only thing I don't keep in the tote is my trimmer as I can't justify buying a second trimmer just to sit in the tote for a class that I might attend once a month so besides photos that's all I need to pack when heading out...

At the front of the tote there are loops for around 10 pens/pencils, textas, then space to hold a few items like a cutting knife, stylus and a little velcro pocket that I keep a little stapler, staples and other small bits and pieces in. Behind this in the same area are two pockets where I keep items like my scissors, mounting squares, tissues and anything else that's not too bulky that can slide in there. In the big area it's got little clear pockets at the top of both sides that you can put anything small in (they are around 12cm long and go the width of the bag but are sectioned off). On one side of the inside there is a large pocket which is where I put my photos, tape, case that contains my files and other bits. And the middle of the bag is where my paper trimmer, takeaway cutting mat, container full of inks and anything else I need goes. (I also put my purse, keys and mobile in there as I don't like carrying much when I go to class, I need space for my goodies!)

Sorry to bore you with the detail but I love to read ideas like this as it's important stuff when setting up ones scrap supplies! xo

http://www.google.com.au/imgres?imgurl=http://www.storage4crafts.com/shopx/images/T/Cricut%2520Carry%2520Tote.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.storage4crafts.com/shopx/product.php%3Fproductid%3D921%26cat%3D136%26page%3D1&usg=__JluCtFAP-zxlSSMIOLiIOoA0HVc=&h=100&w=100&sz=3&hl=en&start=20&zoom=0&itbs=1&tbnid=Izp2NJwK7MwkyM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=82&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcricut%2Btote%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1659%26bih%3D874%26gbv%3D2%26tbm%3Disch&ei=gWQfTvKWBsn0mAW6hZCSAw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down