Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Daily ramblings - Page 28 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Daily ramblings

+18
retta
downunderdame
Charmane
Billie
AuraScrap
PinkKittyGurl
Victoria
Julie M
MandyJ
Soupie
redant
melodydamom
vickstar
Vicki
fullofscrap
robyn
robjud
Kathie
22 posters

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Daily ramblings - Page 28 Empty Re: Daily ramblings

Post by melodydamom Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:49 am

morning everyone Wink

thanks retta Smile

im home today relaxing and cleaning the house.
we go out to dinner with adrians parents tonight then will go shopping as riverlink is open late tonight.
will grab a soundcard for my computer and some double sided tape.
have a great day all
tc from mel x
melodydamom
melodydamom

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:44 pm

Mel - I hope and pray that all goes well with your sister. Retta....glad to hear you are doing well. Was the test the diabetes one....ugh. I remember when I did mine with DD I was famished afterwards, so when I left the pathology lab, I went straight across the road and bought a huge thing of hot chips for my friend and I. When I got to my friends house I discovered she had just eaten. Now me being me could NOT eat the chips - so I pigged out. 3 days later I found out I had gestational diabetes......God only knows what harm I did to DD - crikey - in hindsight - maybe that is what caused her to be so little. LOL. I might have to do a study on that. I couldn't even mention the word potatoe or carbohydrates for 3 months without my blood sugar going through the roof. It was AWFUL.

Everyone else, have a great day. I just got home from picking my kitchen handles....nothing like leaving it to the last minute Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_rolleyes and DD has just gone down for a nap. Time to scrap thinks me!
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodydamom Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:07 pm

hiya everyone Wink

thanks redant Wink

nikita was meant to have a c section yesterday, they put it off then today and it was put off.
the babies heart beat has gone up and they are doing a c section early tumorow morning.
the better all is im going to say.
my mum is with nikita staying at the hospital and my sister sharon went to see her today and will be there tumorrow morning.

i mowed the lawn today and cleaned the house.

have a great day all

tc from mel x
melodydamom
melodydamom

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:02 pm

Yeah Anthea it was the diabetes one. The dr was a little concerned as I am drinking 3 ltrs of water and still feeling dehydrated especially in the mornings. Had a great afternoon with a good friend. Went to the op shop and found a baby harness and a baby bag which she bought for me. She volunteers there. Start child care course tomorrow. Right now gotta go and get dinner started! Have a great night everyone! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_razz
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:36 pm

That is so funny Anthea, you and the hot chips.... I now feel like hot chips with chicken salt! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_lol

I am off to do a few last minute things and get DS to bed ready for my Mystery Challenge in 20 mins!!!!

So excited!!!! Daily ramblings - Page 28 215656
Julie M
Julie M

http://enlighteningtheworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:03 am

Well.... it is going to be a stinker here today!! Apparently it is meant to get to 35 degrees!! Yuck!! And on top of that, there is no playgroup today cos the Kindy is closed for a conference day, so i am going to have two very bored kiddies on my hands today!! Sad Although i am hoping Pa (f.i.l.) may come for a visit and play with them for a while. They LOVE him!! Smile

On another note, i got a baby niece yesterday evening!! Smile My sister already has a 2.5yr old boy, and now has a baby girl - Chelsea Breana, who was born 4.18kg!! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Affraid She is a whopper!! Smile Unfortunately we probably won't get to meet her until Easter, as they live in the Barossa Valley which is 5hrs from Mt Gambier!! She will only be just over 1mth at easter tho, so thats not too bad!! Smile

Anyway, need to do a bit of housework today, although it won't extend much past folding the washing, with the temp getting so hot, and maybe i will squeeze in some scrappy time too!! Smile

Have a great day everybody!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:13 am

We have a coolish breeze blowing here at the moment, but I'm about to go and shut the house down. its going to get hot here too Vicki and yes I'm with you "YUK" not a fan of the heat at all. That is great news about your new neice to Vicki, hard to have to wait a month to see her though :O
Today I'm doing canteen at school and getting ready for scrapping tonight. I have to vaccumm the house and clean 2 bathrooms Sad not my favorite jobs....I have a new lady coming tonight and that excites me heaps.....always great to have new ladies!!!
Just to let you girls know that I have a naming competition on my blog....you have to name my new diecutting machine and yes of course we are offering a great prize!!
What else???? Still looking for a new home, the aircon in the car packed it in :O thats not good......hope its still under warrantey (sp??) garden needs watering and so the list goes on!!! Wink
Have a fantastic Friday ladies!!
xoxo

Last edited by Kathie on Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by fullofscrap Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:44 am

Congratulations on the birth of your baby niece Vicki! Thats great news! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_biggrin
Good luck with the house work today Kathy! I hate cleaning bathrooms myself. Did mine yesterday.
Well, it was 42 degrees in Perth yesterday and its going to be 40 today! My DS told me yesterday that he think he's melting! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_biggrin I'm so over it already. I hate the heat! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_evil
Have a great day and a super weekend everybody!
fullofscrap
fullofscrap

http://mycreativefootprints.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:57 pm

Oh dear....are we the only ones in the country that are not that hot right now. I hope it cools down for you all. Beautiful day here...doors wide open (partly to get rid of the burnt porridge smell that Matthew caused this morning when he forgot to put the milk in the porridge before he put it in the microwave.....you should see the bowl and the porridge, it looks like a laser has zapped it in the middle and the bowl is now yellowish in colour. The smell 5 hours later is still around. The smoke was pouring out of the microwave......*shakes head to make sure I wasn't dreaming it". The grass has really greened up around here, which is odd for Feb, but everything is looking lovely. Have fun cleaning Kath....I feel very free now that everything is clean from Tuesday - like I can just sit back and relax....heck....I could of come down there and helped you with the time I have now. Vicki, congrats on the arrival of your new neice, what a lovely name she has. I am just so sorry that you have to wait until Easter to meet her. Sad Well, DD has just gone down for a nap...so I might go take some photos and maybe sqeeze some scrapping in. Hope everyone has a lovely weekend.
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:09 pm

Yep, it's a stinker today, but I'm not fussed with ducted aircon in every room and a glorious swimming pool and spa lol! Bring it on! sunny

Have a great weekend all! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by melodydamom Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:00 pm

hiya everyone Wink
nikita had her baby boy at about 12pm nz time today.
he weighs 2 pounds 2 ounces.
sharon my sister has to been to see her and mum has been there staying at the hospital with her for the past month and a half to 2 months.
she was thinking of calling him brodie Wink when she rang me she hadnt seen him yet , so hopefully she sees him soon, i would say shes sleeping at the moment.
im home today relaxing. the kids had a play outside earlier and did some drawing.
we have friends coming to stay later tonight Wink
have a great day all
tc from mel x
melodydamom
melodydamom

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Congrats Aunty Mel!!! I'm glad that your sister is doing well, keep us posted on the new little man in your lives!! Very Happy
Its hot here and I have been houseworking all day and I mean all day.....whew what an effort, Pete about to go off to work.....I just need to wash the floors, rehang the curtians, cook tea and clean the scrapping table off and put my junk away!! Not much really :O
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Congrats To Aunties Vicki and Mel!! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_cheers Exciting news! Good to hear all is well! The weather here is beautiful, the low 30's. Funny considering that we are only 1 hr from the mount! Had a good friday. Have a great weekend everyone!
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:43 pm

I am cold! I have had jeans and a cardy on all day!

It is 24 and rain tomorrow...just in time for the wedding I have to shoot.... joy...

Congrats on all of the lovely happy baby news Smile

Hope your burn't smell has now left Anthea... yuck!

Tomorrow morning I am going to try and sell my goodies at the local markets... When you are in a town of 2000, the market is small. I thought it was a good opportuntity since I had the day off work for the wedding anyway. I don't know until I try!!

This week I have sewn 7 camera straps, 6 Totes, and 2 crayon activity bags to add to the stock I already had.

It is a start, if nothing else, I hope to get a feel for what people want...

I have made some "Scrappers Totes". I had a request from a lady near Brisbane who has a shop. Her ladies are looking for bags to carry scrap albums in, so I sent her a sample and we will see how they go... again, doesn't hurt to try! They are yummy made from Denim with a vintage Doily.

have a great weekend everyone Smile
Julie M
Julie M

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:58 pm

WOW Julie!! Goodluck with your goodies tomorrow!! I hope you sell out!! Smile It sounds like you have been sewing madly!! Smile Let us know how you go!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:01 pm

Wow! LOTS happening here!
Congrats Vick & Mel on becoming Aunties!!! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_biggrin
Julie, good luck at the markets tomorrow, I hope you do really well with your stuff coz it's just gorgeous!!! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_biggrin (As soon as I have some money, I have an order for you! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_wink )

We had a busy day here today. Brielle & I went to a morn tea with our mum's group as one of the ladies is about to have her 2nd bub. It was so funny watching the kids all play together and we can't believe that they are all almost 2 now!!! Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_rolleyes As soon as I got home from that my BFF was on my doorstep, so I had a catch up with her before she moves down to Brissie next week. Daily ramblings - Page 28 Icon_sad This afternoon, Brielle and I hit the PO and the shops and for once she was a very good girl, held my hand the whole time and did not grab ANYTHING off the shelves in the PO! (Unheard of! LOL)
I am about to go and get scrapping. Have a great weekend all!
XXX
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Julie I'm just dying to find out how you went with your bags......let us know soon!! Very Happy I hope that you sold lots of them!!
Hey Chantal.......later on I'm going to post a BLUE photo for you in the photographic section......you will laugh.......
Not much else happening here today.....I'm tired...and we all say stop whinging...yeah yeah we know.......Pete is at work, just took a trike up to Franklin, grandson, for his first birthday......he loved it, is a bit big but will be fine.....have Nana and Grandad coming for tea tonight, so just wacked a mini roast in the oven for tea!! :O Well better late than never!! Very Happy
now??? i'm gonna put the spuds on to cook and put my feet up and sleep for 15 mins Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:43 pm

Hi everyone!

Did anyone see where the weekend went?

The markets were a bit of a bomb...Sad I am happy though, as I had expected that Smile I got some great feedback and will work on my range for next time. I think I need to make some hair accessories from my scraps so I have a lower price point. I had thought of that through the week but time got away from me.

One lady I was talking to was kind and said not to be put off. That the first 3 markets are usually very slow as people get to know your product...

I live very much in second hand town and crochet tea towel land Smile

Once I find the right customers it will be full steam ahead! LOL

Thanks for your excitment for me! Daily ramblings - Page 28 306819
Julie M
Julie M

Back to top Go down

Post by robjud Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:59 pm

We went to Melbourne Zoo today. Spent nearly an hour queuing to see the baby elephant for 5 mins, but it was worth it. It was very cute and very obliging. Played in the water and ran around a bit.
robjud
robjud

http://judith-pagesofmemories.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:01 pm

That is great Judith! What a fantastic way to spend a Sunday Smile
Julie M
Julie M

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Sun Feb 28, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh Judith, I am sooooo excited for you - I so want to see her. Did you get some pics?

Kathie, hope you had a good night with your visitors and they didn't wear you out too much more.

Julie, sorry to hear your day wasn't as good as you wanted. I am sure like that woman said, it will get better. Also, I imagine, once people get to know you, they might put in special orders. Better luck next week.

Sue, sorry to hear your BF is leaving, that must be hard for you. Sue, how is Mandy doing? It's been a while since she was around - is she still on hols?

Hugs to everyone. Hope you all had a great weekend.
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Kathie wrote:Julie I'm just dying to find out how you went with your bags......let us know soon!! Very Happy I hope that you sold lots of them!!
Hey Chantal.......later on I'm going to post a BLUE photo for you in the photographic section......you will laugh.......
Not much else happening here today.....I'm tired...and we all say stop whinging...yeah yeah we know.......Pete is at work, just took a trike up to Franklin, grandson, for his first birthday......he loved it, is a bit big but will be fine.....have Nana and Grandad coming for tea tonight, so just wacked a mini roast in the oven for tea!! :O Well better late than never!! Very Happy
now??? i'm gonna put the spuds on to cook and put my feet up and sleep for 15 mins Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

:lol!: Have you done it yet? I have to check it out!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Julie M wrote:Hi everyone!

Did anyone see where the weekend went?

The markets were a bit of a bomb...Sad I am happy though, as I had expected that Smile I got some great feedback and will work on my range for next time. I think I need to make some hair accessories from my scraps so I have a lower price point. I had thought of that through the week but time got away from me.

One lady I was talking to was kind and said not to be put off. That the first 3 markets are usually very slow as people get to know your product...

I live very much in second hand town and crochet tea towel land Smile

Once I find the right customers it will be full steam ahead! LOL

Thanks for your excitment for me! Daily ramblings - Page 28 306819

I'm excited for you, Julie. Are you able to approach stores too? I know if you were over here, there are some specialty stores in Fremantle which would be good to hit. Good thing with the markets how you get lots of feedback. And then there's eBay too...

Back to top Go down

Post by Capswife Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:16 am

Gosh can you believe it's the first day of March, gosh it will be Easter soon, well I had a great yesterday had my favourite scrappy friend come up from the Gold Coast to spend the day and she brought me a vintage shabby birdcage to decorate up so I so need to look for the perfect shabby bits and pieces to decorate this one up.....
Today I plan on getting some of my swaps done, then I'm altering a matchbox for a Queens swap that I'm hosting on my blog, so its going to be a nice day just scrapping....
Have a great start to the month everyone, Sue, Vicki and Kathie love your challenges for the month have just gone and written them down in my diary.....
Capswife
Capswife

http://ajourneythatstartshere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by melodydamom Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:36 am

morning everyone Wink

im home today with the kids.
need to clean the house and will do some things with the kids.
the bug man is coming this afternoon

have a great day all

tc from mel x
melodydamom
melodydamom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum: