Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages?

5 posters

Go down

Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? Empty Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages?

Post by andynwoo Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:26 am

My wife is making a scrapbook to give to one of our sons for his 18th birthday. She has put days of work into it and it looks fabulous. I am concerned that the photos on facing pages will stick to each other over time. It is ring bound so we could dismantle it and rebind it to have a blank facing pages. Suggestions please. What she has done looks is wonderful and I would really like to know that it will pass the test of time. thanks in advance for any tips and guidance.

andynwoo

Back to top Go down

Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? Empty Re: Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages?

Post by andynwoo Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:28 am

mmmm... I may have posted this in the wrong section. Hope sombody can help me out or move it to the correct section.

andynwoo

Back to top Go down

Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages? Empty Re: Scrapping with Photographs. Will they stck to each other if on facing pages?

Post by Kathie Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Andynwoo
I assume that your talking about a creative memories album?? If you are you can buy protective plastic covers for each page that just slip on..... I'm not to sure whether the photos would stick or not.....anybody else have an answer??????
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygrays Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:06 am

Hi Andynwoo, is the album made on mdf "pages" or in a ring binder? Personally I've had no issues with photo's sticking unless they've become moist somehow. If you're unable to get plastic sleaves to fit and still concerned I'd recommend getting some acid free tissue paper and cutting to size to place in-between the pages. Good luck! The project sounds very special Smile
Tygrays
Tygrays

http://www.katami.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by iamsam Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:46 am

I would go with the acid free tissue paper cut to size as well, I did the same thing when I made my first album for a gift 12 years ago for my mum's 50th it was just photo's in that but the paper helped, I think. Good Luck!
iamsam
iamsam

http://boysarefrommars.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:11 am

oh I just remembered something....Katrina is right....the photos don't stick together at all....having made countless MDF albums in my time, we don't use covers over the photos to stop them sticking in these albums...that is true and they don't stick!! Hope some of our ideas are helpful to you!!
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by jjw Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:24 am

It can depend also on how its stored. Im sure we all have albums from when we are kids that have stuck together because of moisture and poor storage. In the end to be on the safe side i would put something between each page seeing as its something special that you want to last for generations to come.
Oh and welcome to the forum andynwoo!
jjw
jjw

Back to top Go down

Post by andynwoo Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:00 pm

Wow!!! what and awsome and helpful bunch you all are. Thanks so very much for all you tip. Happy newyear to you all!

andynwoo

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:39 pm

Glad we could be of some assistance to you!! :yeah:
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down