Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Back to School photos EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Back to School photos EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Back to School photos EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Back to School photos EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Back to School photos EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Back to School photos EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Back to School photos EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to School photos EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Back to School photos EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Back to School photos EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Back to School photos

+2
vickstar
Soupie
6 posters

Go down

Back to School photos Empty Back to School photos

Post by Soupie Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:24 pm

With all the kids almost set to head back to school, I thought it might be timely to post this acticle with tips for taking back to school pics.
It was written by Tara Whitney and comes from Two Peas In A Bucket...

September (or August for me) is all about back to school. Getting the kids clothes, making sure I have lunch food and Capri-Sun's, and of course film in my camera. Talking with them about what they might expect that first day, buying school supplies, and preparing us all for the early morning wake up routine again. I think I might have been more nervous than my kids this year. I had to force myself to get my camera out. But I am so glad I did. Now, I can create a layout, or layouts about how I felt that morning, and how the kids reacted to the change. I would like to share with you some of my shots that day, and give you some ideas for your own hectic morning.
One of the things I ALWAYS do is get a great close-up face shot of each kid with their backpack on and their new duds. Can't go wrong with this type of shot!
Back to School photos 9852_thumb

This idea has to be my favorite. A picture of your little person from behind, walking all alone up to that big school for the first time. It conjures up so many feelings! And it makes them seem so grown up...
Back to School photos 9853_thumbBack to School photos 9856_thumb

I wanted to show Drew with his new class, but I didn't want to line them all up and say, "Cheese!" So I got behind them again, and captured them all nervously getting to know one another.
Back to School photos 9854_thumb

I also think it is important to show a little bit of what your routine is. Maybe the kids eating breakfast, everyone brushing their teeth or getting shoes on-those are all fun things to remember! Everyday I drop Mckenna off at school and every day she gets out of the car, schlepping her backpack the same way. I love this shot because you can see Jeff in the background, having just finished stroking her little cheek goodbye.
Back to School photos 9855_thumb

Kim Heffington had a great idea. She lined up her son Iain's new school supplies and took a photo with him in it too. Someday he is going to crack up seeing his skater and flame notebooks!
Back to School photos 9780_thumb

And last but not least-if you know me at all, you know I am ALL ABOUT the little details of life. I feel this unquenchable desire to capture every little thing I can. I don't trust my brain to remember them. So I implore you to start seeing things differently, especially on big days like the first day of school. Here is a shot I couldn't resist. Drew's teacher came out with a sign for her class. I thought it was a photojournalistic way to get some details across in his scrapbook at a later time.
Back to School photos 9857_thumb

Good luck on your first day back to school! After it is over and the kids are all packed off, grab a magazine and take a long hot bath! I did!
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Back to School photos Empty Re: Back to School photos

Post by vickstar Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks for sharing this Sue!! DD starts pre-entry term 2 this year, then Kindy term 3, so it will be good to keep these ideas in mind!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by PinkKittyGurl Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:26 pm

Thanks Sue, no kiddies here, but my 'little' Goddaughter starts high school this year. Sad
I hope she stays the sweet, beautiful little girl that she is . . . . I'll pass these on to her Mum (subtley (sp) of course).
PinkKittyGurl
PinkKittyGurl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:50 pm

Great Sue! Don't know about the long HOT bath though! More like a swim to cool off! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by fullofscrap Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:48 pm

How I wish that I knew about scrapbooking when my kids started school!! They are teenagers now and doing Year 10 and 12 this year!
Oh well, maybe I'll scrap some wonderful layouts of my grandchildren going off to school one day!! Back to School photos Lol
fullofscrap
fullofscrap

http://mycreativefootprints.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:21 pm

Chantal wrote:Great Sue! Don't know about the long HOT bath though! More like a swim to cool off! Back to School photos Icon_smile

I know! I thought the same thing when I read it! Back to School photos Icon_cool
Soupie
Soupie

Back to top Go down

Post by MandyJ Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:48 pm

Just perfect Sue, as you know Madeline is off to start Prep in 4 days time, her first year of 'school' .... argh! Wow, 5 days a week, and she is so looking forward to it. These tips will be great for me on Thursday! Thanks. Back to School photos Icon_smile
MandyJ
MandyJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:43 am

Thanks for sharing Sue! Smile

I always do the back shot... it helps that we live across the road from the school so I get it in the background Smile

I love the idea of taking a pic of the supplies!
Julie M
Julie M

http://enlighteningtheworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:28 am

I will always be looking for your tips too Julie, after all, you ARE a professional! Back to School photos Icon_wink
Soupie
Soupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Hey - how did everyone go with their back to school pics??? Does anyone want to post up any of their fave pics so we can see how you went? Back to School photos Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down