Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene

4 posters

Go down

Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene Empty Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene

Post by jakewilliams Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:11 am

Hello All,

My name is Jake Williams I was just brought on by We R Memory Keepers to expand their brand internationally and more particularly in Australia. I know there is no better way to do that then to get to know the grassroots of the industry and the end users of our products.

I am a father of one soon to be two young boys and I am just like you all. I love being with my family more then anything else in the world and that is really the core of what scrapbooking is all about. I am extremely excited to be involved in an industry that shares my values and that cherishes and looks to preserve every moment of this journey we call life.

Now because I am new to the Australian scrapbook scene I really need your help getting to know the who's who. I would love to hear from all of you on your favorite places to invest in the tools and services to do what you do best as well as where you go for community events, learning activities, and conventions. I would also love to hear back from you all on what you feel is missing in Australian scrapbooking and what you would like to see improve about the industry as it stands now. I promise I am not here to sell anything but more to do research to know how we can better serve your growing community.

I thank you for your time and feed back and look forward to building lasting friendships through this platform.

Sincerely,

Jake Williams
jakewilliams
jakewilliams

Back to top Go down

Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene Empty Re: Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene

Post by vickstar Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:29 am

Hi Jake, welcome to our Scrapbooking Top 50 Aus Forum! Hopefully the ladies here can help you out with the type of info you are after.

My brain isn't working well at the moment as i am 2 days off my due date for my third baby, so there isn't much else on my mind at the moment! lol!
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene Empty Re: Need Help Getting To Know The Australian Scrapbooking Scene

Post by jakewilliams Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:33 pm

Vicki,

Congratulations on number three and good luck with the pregnancy. I know how the end can be. Thank you for getting back to me we will see what everyone else has to say.

Thanks Again,

Jake Williams
jakewilliams
jakewilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Becci Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:58 am

I've been thinking and I just can't come up with something really. I don't go to crop events. I'm not in a city so can be hard to get there. My lss has retreats but it's hard for me to get to them with my finaces work and having two little ones.

Personally I love coordinating products. Matching papers, alphas and embellies. My lss is quite good at getting in most of what I want. I am very lucky to have a great relationship with her.

Not sure if that's of much help.
Becci
Becci

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebekkah Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:42 am

Hi Jake, welcome to the forum and congrats on your new bundle thats arriving soon. Congrats on your new job with WRMK..
I find that the aussie industry is different to the us, we are a little more experimental with our styles it seems and the big craze the moment is handmade items if you havent noticed along with paints, mists and doodling on our layouts.
i have used your products before and like them alot. I have the crop a dile a present got from a friend and have used it for a good 4 years now and STILL love it. I also love my tweezers - i use these for my putting on my pearls and rhinestones..

We have different conventions in each state, probably sue can fill u in on qld, but here in melbourne we have picture 2 page and paperific.
Hope that helps.. any more questions.. ask away ..

Rebekkah
Rebekkah

http://thelifeandtimesofascrapaholic.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jakewilliams Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:15 am

Rebekkah and Becci,

Thank you so much for your input it is greatly appreciated. As a follow up when are the conventions held each year?

Also if you have any friends that are retailers and own stores I would love to be introduced to them. My goal is to work together with the local retailers to more affordably get our products to them and in the end more affordably in the hands of those who will benefit most from them...you all.
Thanks Again,

Jake Williams
jakewilliams
jakewilliams

Back to top Go down

Post by Becci Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:48 am

I'm in South Australia and they are usually help in Adelaide. My lss lady helps run them. I will let her know today when I pop in to the shop that you are interested chatting with her. Will get back to you
Becci
Becci

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down