Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge

+5
lindavr
galah63
Soupie
PinkKittyGurl
Vicki
9 posters

Go down

Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge Empty Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge

Post by Vicki Wed May 27, 2009 9:50 am

Rules:
The Mystery Lift Challenge is just as it sounds, a mystery. I will pick a layout from the gallery and give you step by step instructions on how to recreate this lift. You will have until Midnight June 30th to post your finished layout to the gallery. I will, however, not show you the layout until July 1st.

Step by Step Instructions:
* you will need at least 4 wallet sized photos for the layout *

1. Pick a piece of patterned paper, 12 x 12, to be the base of your layout.

2. With another 12 x 12 piece of patterned paper or cardstock draw a circle, which will sit approx 5cm in from the sides of the base paper.

3. This next step is ideal for double sided printed paper that will match the colours of the above papers. Cut one 8cm strip and cut it in half. Put it aside for the time being.

4. With that same printed paper turn it over and cut another piece from it, this time measuring approx 5cm.

5. Ink the Circle, as well as the strips of paper that you have just cut. Use whichever colour you think will draw attention to the edges of the printed paper.

6. Glue the Circle to the base paper with either double sided tape or adhesive glue.

7. Adhesive the 5cm strip of paper across the base paper, on top of the circle.

8. With some scrap paper 12cm long by 2 cms wide, trace a funky swirl border...ink the border when finished. If you have chipboard borders in your stash, these could also be used by painting the desired colour. Once painted or inked glue along the bottom of the 5cm strip of paper that is adhered to the circle.

9. With the two pieces remaining, the 8cm strips, adhesive them to the circle, one in the top left side of the circle, and the other the bottom right side of the circle.

10. Now the fun bit...add your photos, you do not have to have the desired four photos, you could have 2 bigger ones if you desired. I will leave that up to you.

11. Add something to the left side of the layout to just set it off somewhat, again I will leave that up to you.

12. Next is your heading...it must be in amongst the photos somewhere and be just two words. The lettering can either be small chipboard alphas or sticker alphabets.

13. Place the date in a hand made and cut out circle. You can ink the edges of the circle before adhering it to the right side of the page.

14. Look through your stash to find a matching colour, you need 4 or 5 strips, 10cm x 4 cm wide...once cut out, ink the edges, adhere to the top right hand side of the layout. This is where you are going to journal about your layout. Describe the inspiration behind it here in 3 to 5 sentences.

There we have it...if you are a little confused about a particular step please let me know. The layout I based this scraplift on will be revealed on July 1st, after all the entries for this challenge have been uploaded.

This is going to be a good one, see how circle I can be with my directions Smile

Entries must be uploaded to our GALLERY by Midnight June 30th!

Vicki

http://scrapbookingtop50.com.au

Back to top Go down

Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge Empty Re: Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge

Post by PinkKittyGurl Wed May 27, 2009 6:49 pm

Wow, another interesting challenge!
PinkKittyGurl
PinkKittyGurl

Back to top Go down

Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge Empty Re: Challenge 5 - Mystery Lift Challenge

Post by Soupie Wed May 27, 2009 10:03 pm

V, you're on a roll! Certainly going to keep us on our toes this month! Wink
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by galah63 Fri May 29, 2009 5:28 am

These ones are always exciting, it is good to see how we all interpret the instructions.
galah63
galah63

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Fri May 29, 2009 7:44 am

Yeah and it shows just how bad lol i am at giving directions/instructions.

Vicki

Back to top Go down

Post by galah63 Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:48 am

Done and uploaded, I think I am the first. Hope I interpreted the instructions ok. Very Happy Not to worry, will see how the others turn out hey. Very Happy
galah63
galah63

Back to top Go down

Post by lindavr Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:38 am

This sounds interesting, will try it

lindavr

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:00 am

Looks great Kaye! Smile You're so quick!
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by galah63 Mon Jun 01, 2009 5:51 pm

Thanks Sue, just wanted to get these challenges done. Still going though. Bit stuck on the "add in a magazine" one, I am not good at interpreting things like that, but going to give it a go. Very Happy
galah63
galah63

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:16 pm

ohhh love your layout for this challenge Kaye...seems my directions are not as terrible as I think!

Vicki

Back to top Go down

Post by countryscrapper Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:48 pm

This is just like a blind scrap but I like the twist of being a scraplift too. I'm going to have to read those instructions again I think and make sure I have no interruptions when I'm doing this one. Lots to think about.
countryscrapper
countryscrapper

http://www.countryscrapper.blogspot

Back to top Go down

Post by Vicki Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:58 pm

Yeah concentration is important on this one...would be a good idea to print out the instructions I have given and scrap when there are no interruptions like midnight Smile

Vicki

Back to top Go down

Post by galah63 Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 pm

I agree, I print out the instructions and tick off as I complete each task to make sure I have not left anything out. I am a bit compulsive like that. Very Happy
galah63
galah63

Back to top Go down

Post by virginia Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:49 pm

I think I`ll have to start with this one...sounds too interesting Smile
virginia
virginia

http://mypaperpalace.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:20 pm

I'm playing with this one at the moment. Its the first one i am attempting, that is if i actually get off the computer!! :lol!:
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by MandyJ Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:42 pm

Hmmm, have to see if I get around to this one!
MandyJ
MandyJ

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Fri Jun 26, 2009 10:15 pm

Have uploaded this one!!
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down