Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Daily ramblings - Page 36 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Daily ramblings

+18
retta
downunderdame
Charmane
Billie
AuraScrap
PinkKittyGurl
Victoria
Julie M
MandyJ
Soupie
redant
melodydamom
vickstar
Vicki
fullofscrap
robyn
robjud
Kathie
22 posters

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Daily ramblings - Page 36 Empty Re: Daily ramblings

Post by retta Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:54 pm

After an initial nauseaus morning, I managed to get the vacumming, the dishes and a load of washing done. Then a friend came to pick me up and we went visiting another friend for afternoon tea! Tomorrow I got a few errands then hopefully a rest and dinner. Hopefully that is what happens. Have a great one everyone! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Fresse
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:58 pm

*Yawn* I am soooo tired - just logging out for the night - but before I go, I thought I would tell you about my day - well it actually started last evening.

Last night DD lost her LAST dummy and DH and I had a pact that when that one was gone - that was it - no more dummies. Well surprisingly last night - she settled pretty well, but this morning when she woke up was a different story - she would NOT go back to sleep. Today all we heard was "Where is my soo soo?" "I want my soo soo!" "My soo soo is gone!" & mostly stuff to that effect. She was also whinging all day and totally over tired because we all know that with no soo soo, there is NO nap.

I prayed to the dear Lord above to give me strength, he did - I didn't give in - I am just totally nuts now. I mean anyone that tries bribing their almost 3 year old with chocolate milk, donuts and a trip to the park just so they will have a nap, has to be desperate. And that whole "The dummy fairy took your dummy away to give to the baby" line....well I won't even begin to tell you what I think of that.

To top it off, DH had some surgery on his foot today so I was home alone with the two kids on the first day of the school holidays with DD like that.

In hindsight I think that DH actually hid the dummy (soo soo) when he realized that he wouldn't be home for most of the day and when he knew I would HAVE to be the one to attend to her cause he can't walk. Clever man he is.

At 6.30 when the hospital called I was actually surprised, I thought he may have charmed them into letting him stay the night. I was wrong. When DH got home, he had a bandage on his foot (no great surprise there, being he did have foot surgery). Now to most people a bandage is a bandage, but to DD it is apparently the equivalent of a slimy purple spidermonster trying to wash her hair - she would not go anywhere near it. Quite funny really....and not in a haha kind of a way...more like a mwahahaha.

Well on that note...I am off to bed. DD is asleep - it took a bit - but she did settle (yep over 24 hours without a soother - I am not giving up now). DH still can't feel two of his toes, which is apparently normal - (hey I am not a surgical nurse - I have no idea how long blocks last for). DS is probably thinking that school is a better option over home right now and me? Well - I am wondering if I have the guts to imbed a piece of glass in my foot, so that it has to be surgically removed and I too can get a decent day or two off.

Night Night everyone. Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 pm

LMAO Anthea!! Smile As bad as your day seems, you always make it sound so funny!! Smile You should write a story like this for me everyday, i LOVE reading them!! Smile

Hope tomorrow is a better day for you tho!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by fullofscrap Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:46 pm

So funny Anthea! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Lol You always manage to make me laugh at things that wouldn't normally be funny! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin I hope that you'll have a great day tomorrow to make up for today! Sleep well! Daily ramblings - Page 36 301489
fullofscrap
fullofscrap

http://mycreativefootprints.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:59 pm

redant wrote:

At 6.30 when the hospital called I was actually surprised, I thought he may have charmed them into letting him stay the night. I was wrong. When DH got home, he had a bandage on his foot (no great surprise there, being he did have foot surgery). Now to most people a bandage is a bandage, but to DD it is apparently the equivalent of a slimy purple spidermonster trying to wash her hair - she would not go anywhere near it. Quite funny really....and not in a haha kind of a way...more like a mwahahaha.

LOve it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_twisted Vicki is right Anthea you should write for us everyday Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_lol
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:22 pm

I am with the other girls Ant - you have definitely missed your calling in life and should be a writer!!! I for one, would love to read a column written by you every day, coz at the end of them I am always wetting myself with laughter! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_wink
I really am sorry you had such a trying day, but even if you can't smile about it, be happy knowing that we are all smiling because of you!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Hi Everyone!

Anyone remember me?

I have written March off, it flew by and I am still spinning by how fast it went!

I have not scrapped in soooooooooo long! I even had to skip a scrap night that some friends planned! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad

The only thing I feel that I achieved this month were 2 Easter Hats for the parade at school today and I did set up my very own Etsy store!!! That was my major plan, it happened a bit slower than I would have liked, but it did happen! So the store is up and running and I have already made my first sale!!!! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_bounce I think DH thought I had won Lotto I was that excited! I still have some goodies to load, but for now I am happy Smile

If you go over to my blog you will see the link to my store on the right. I am also having a giveaway to celebrate!
Blog link http://enlighteningtheworld.blogspot.com/

So on Friday we are off to Stockton for 2 days, the onto Sydeney for a trip to the Easter Show and then monday I am going to see James Taylor and Carole King at the entertainment centre. So a busy few days, but I am excited to know that once I am home I will have lots of new photos to scrap ready to take on April!

So sorry I have been away, I have been thinking of you all!
Daily ramblings - Page 36 Herz
Julie M
Julie M

http://enlighteningtheworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:58 pm

Wow you HAVE been busy Julie BUT very productive.Congrats on your first sale - I'd be jumping up & down too Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_cool .I think I'll head over to your blog & take a look.
Well done Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_cool

As for me I woke up at 6am & peered out my bedroom window to see if it was still raining & it was just my luck it had stopped. So I got dressed & went for a 2km walk - yes I'm aware that its dark at 6am Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_razz Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_redface I stopped at the newsagents & there were no papers yet Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_evil so I had to walk home empty handed. So by then it was 7am & I decided that while I was hot & sweaty I'd do the housework I've managed to neglect lately. By 7:30 it was done so I drove down to the newsagents got the paper stopped at the supermarket got hot cross buns (gawd I'm gonna miss them once easter is over Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad ). Wrote 3 letters - I've run out of time to make easter cards so firgured writing letters to my online friends would be nice. I've written 3 so far & have 3 to go. I've read the paper, called into work to check on the girls & now here I am Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_twisted . Some time between all that I managed to bust my finger nail Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_eek Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad the language that came out of my mouth well! I cut off what I could but the tear is just under 1/4 the way down & gosh it hurts Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad . Anyways that's what I've been up to.
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:14 pm

I had a whole ramble about my adventures today & when I hit send cyber space gobbled it up Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_evil Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:21 pm

AuraScrap wrote:I had a whole ramble about my adventures today & when I hit send cyber space gobbled it up Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_evil Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad

That darn cyber space thing eats my photos all the time - I have to wonder if it is always hungry? Hope your finger is feeling better. Sounds like you had as productive day as Julie did month. I feel like I have achieved nothing, today or this last month. Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_eek Oh well - I did manage some scrapping this month - so tha tis something Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_smile .

Oh and DD has been three WHOLE days AND nights without her soo soo Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_cheers .
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:01 pm

Julie - glad to hear you are well, I have been keeping up on your blog anyway! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_wink

Aura - hope your fingers feels better!

Ant - glad to hear Tori still coping OK without her soo soo, Brielle's dummy will be gone very soon too - we are thinking for her 2nd birthday this month it will magically disappear, as that is exactly what happened to me for my 2nd birthday. Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_wink
Soupie
Soupie

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmane Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:15 pm

hey girls.... crazy days i am having.... looking forward to seeing the april challenges and hopefully getting lots done next month!!! see you tomorrow!
Charmane
Charmane

http://ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/charmscreations/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:57 am

I am not surprised to hear that you have been busy Charm, moving your family interstate certainly excuses you for your lack of scrapping! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_wink Hope everything is going well! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

Back to top Go down

Post by melodydamom Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:53 am

Morning everyone Wink

just got back from my 2nd driving lesson.
the instructor said i did a lot better with the steering wheel, i wasnt gripping it so hard and i was more relaxed.
I did the corners a bit better too.

Im just about to have a cup of tea and watch some of my charmed dvd,
then will clean the house and might do some scrapbooking.

have a great day all

tc from mel x
melodydamom
melodydamom

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:58 am

Great news mel! It took me ages to get used to driving, my parents werent exactly helpful as they didnt take me driving for ages after i started lessons! Probably why I didn't want to learn to drive to begin with. Keep it up!

The baby is kicking big time now. Keeps me up at night then is awake again in the early morning! All is going good. Also have an idea on what the sex is, the radiographer did say it wasn't 100% tho. Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_eek
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:43 pm

ty soupie Smile my poor nail has broken a bit more across & it's too low to attack with scissors Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_eek . Not as sore today though which is good.

Mel you're going great guns with your lessons. My first lesson was to familiarise myself with mums car before taking it out on the road. I eventually bought a 3rd hand car LOL - Holden Gemini then she was more forth coming with lessons Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_rolleyes

So are you going to keep the big secret to yourself retta? Don't make us waitttttttttttt Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_razz
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Good on you Mel - practise makes perfect. Retta hope you are feeling a bit better. I can probably make a guess at the sex of the baby based on what you have told us...but I will keep my thoughts to myself for now - I am very excited for you. Aura.....ouch....hope it grows out soon and that it doesn't get caught on something in the meantime! Hope everyone is having a good day.
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:34 pm

My day has been relatively good so far redant Smile I went for a walk this morning on my own & then went on a shorter one with my dog (she's getting a little old for long walks now). I've finished all my housework Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin & organised myself for a mad dash against crazed easter shoppers Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_eek Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_twisted this arvo - sheesh the shops re open saturday Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_rolleyes
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by robjud Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:44 pm

Off on holidays tomorrow. Will be back in time for the April CC and then it's back to school and work. April seems as hectic as the last few months but then May is clear. Only a couple of dates in the diary so far!
DH got a call about the job interview he went for on Monday. He is one of the top candidates and they are going to make a decision on Wednesday next week.
robjud
robjud

http://judith-pagesofmemories.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:51 pm

Oh Retta how exciting!!! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_bounce I used love the kicks at this stage (just not later on when they are right up under your ribs - ouch!)

Aura - I had a Gemini too (a panel van), I put mags on it and had it hotted up a bit. I loved my baby until I wrapped her around a tree... Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_sad

Judith have a great holiday (drive safe), look forward to hearing all about it when you get back. And great news about DH - hope he gets it! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:57 pm

Have a great holiday Judith! Hope your dh gets the job too! My first car was a Holden Torana, beigie colour.
Tell me what you think Ant? I like to know.
My day was really uneventful, I was very lazy until about 5pm or so and then got some stuff done. Hopefully tomorrow is a better day.
I have another day to myself so I might be able to takle some challenges! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin Dp is going fishing for the 2nd day in a row. Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_eek Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_smile
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:01 pm

Wow, it sounds like everybody has been busy!! We took an overnight trip to Warrnambool yesterday arvo, then met up with Kathie for lunch (sorry, the photos of me and Kathie are on her camera, i do have lots of the kids playing together tho) and a play at the big playground, then home again tonight in time for tea and hubby to go to bed, so he can be up for work at 2am tonight, probably around the same time that i am heading to bed after i get the kiddies to bed and make a start on the new challenges!! Smile

LOL Retta, my first car was a gold UC 4 door Torana!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:06 pm

Snap Vicki, mine was a 4 door UC as well! It made the trip from Adelaide to Portland 4 times with out breaking down except on hot days through the hills, but then so did some state of the art fancy dancy 4WDs and cars too!

PS It's a boy! Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_wink
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:18 pm

Woo Hoo.....congratulations Retta. You must be so excited. I must admit when you said they wern't 100% sure, I thought it was a girl.....boys are usually fairly obvious iykwim Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_wink . I love hearing how everything is going - so please do keep sharing with us.

Vicki - glad you had a great day with Kathie and the crew. Look forward to seeing some pics.
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:25 pm

Thanks Ant. I'm just happy that all is well and good. Hope everyone has a fantastic Good Friday. Daily ramblings - Page 36 Icon_biggrin
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 38 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum