Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Just how much can you expand an album? EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Just how much can you expand an album?

5 posters

Go down

Just how much can you expand an album? Empty Just how much can you expand an album?

Post by scrappyKaz Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:56 pm

I expanded my Hawaii album by five pages without using the expander rods as with the rods I had too much extra space.

But now, I'll need ten or so more pages to fit in all the photos & travel diary pages that I want. Initially I thought I'd do one album for Oahu and one for The Big Island.

But I still have lots of pics from Oahu, ten double sided pages or more. Maybe with one set of extender rods I'd fit that in. I've purchased the second album so I'm ready when I make up my mind: either expand the first album again & again or fit the rest of the Oahu pics in with the Big Island pics....

My albums currently 15 double sided pages long. Anyone here made any big albums?

scrappyKaz

Back to top Go down

Just how much can you expand an album? Empty Re: Just how much can you expand an album?

Post by sarah Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:18 pm

Karen,

I cannot offer much advice on your albums as I have not used post bound albums before. Only strap bound ones.

But I gave up on them as I found my layouts to be too 3d for the albums and I would hardly get many pages into there before it wouldnt close properly.

So now I use D-ring albums. I use the american crafts ones.
sarah
sarah

http://www.scrapbookhabit.blogspot.com.au

Back to top Go down

Just how much can you expand an album? Empty Re: Just how much can you expand an album?

Post by Becci Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Sorry I'm the same as Sarah. I use the D ring ones too as my layouts are rather 3D
Becci
Becci

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:21 pm

Ditto, sorry Karen.
I use the ring ones too as you can pack heaps into them and they are easy to add to. Plus, like Sarah, my pages are often quite 'lumpy'...LOL
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:08 pm

I am like the other girls, i use D ring albums, and grab them at Lincraft when they have them on special. I did however use post bound albums when i started scrapping, back when my layouts were a whole lot flatter than they are now. I have 2 albums that both have 1 expander in them, 1 of the albums has 14 double sided pages in it and the other has 17!! I think anymore expanders or pages than that and the album gets a bit weak and floppy!
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by scrappyKaz Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:08 pm

Oh, I just went and purchased my albums without even considering that there might be differently bound ones. Nuts
Lucky for me my layouts are pretty flat at the moment. After seeing my grandmother make her 3-D cards though I kind of thought I might give bulker embellishments ago one day!

Album #1 is fat and heavy enough, so the rest of Oahu will be in with Big Island stuff I have decided.

I'm learning stuff quickly, like don't by an album expander pack that is a different brand to your album or the posts won't fit and the holes in the new pages won't align with the orignal pages! That was a big oops Embarassed

scrappyKaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down