Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Product giveaway #4 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Product giveaway #4 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Product giveaway #4 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Product giveaway #4 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Product giveaway #4 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Product giveaway #4 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Product giveaway #4 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Product giveaway #4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Product giveaway #4 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Product giveaway #4 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Product giveaway #4

+9
karenh
redant
AuraScrap
Linda_M
Tygrays
Becci
Niccinu
princessbeccie
Kathie
13 posters

Go down

Product giveaway #4 Empty Product giveaway #4

Post by Kathie Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:16 am

Hi there everybody!! How has the week treated you all??
For todays giveaway we have 2 pairs of fine tipped scissors (great for handcutting) and a packet of pretty cream/white multi-sized flowers!! Now for todays question.....We would like you to tell us about a meal that your husband, boyfriend, partner, fiance, MIL, FIL, friend, mum or dad made for you that is memorable.....easy peasy girls and guys!!
Oh yep, you wanna hear mine....
Okay....just before Pete officially asked me to go out with him, he asked my boys and myself to come around to his home and help with the garden (I'm a qualified landscaper, if you were wondering). The deal was that he cooked lunch and we worked.....no problem....well I think that he put love potion in the Dutch meatballs that he made us, mince never tasted so good....ever.... Product giveaway #4 680678 well it got him a beautiful, stunning, successful, clever, great gardener and amazing all rounder of a wife.....
So my personal opinion is that he ended up with the better end of the deal Product giveaway #4 37117

Last edited by Kathie on Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Product giveaway #4 Empty Re: Product giveaway #4

Post by princessbeccie Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:53 am

lol too sweet kathie..... have u ever had the meatballs since?!?!?!
well.... hmmm i don't have a story really......... Sad
princessbeccie
princessbeccie

Back to top Go down

Post by Niccinu Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:19 am

um...... well ................ still thinking ............................................................................................
hmmmm.....
Oh i think i got one hahahahahha
After a HUGE night out steve cooked for me!!!! (suauages and chips i think it was) Does that count??? hahahaha oooooo and he's cooked spag bog a couple of times too!!!!

Niccinu

Back to top Go down

Post by Becci Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:06 am

Hmmm I have had lots of memorable meals. But probably the best one was my 16th birthday. I had a few good friends over for a sleep over and mum cooked all of my favourite meals. Was awesome!
Becci
Becci

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygrays Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:34 am

The only one that prings to mind is when William was first diagnosed with his allergies and we were really struggling, not only financially as we had numerous trips and stays at the Hobart Royal Hospy (with 3 children under 3 years of age) but with the actual knowledge that we were raising a child that could not eat food at all at that stage. He was placed on a forumla that had the building blocks in it for him to thrive, but it had no proteins for him to react to - the thing was it was $soooo expensive and as his syndrome wasn't acknowledged by centrelink we weren't eligable for help then (that has been since rectified wiht lots of help, tears and tantrums - mostly from me LOL). It was costing us $400/fortnight to keep him alive.

Anyways I digress, we had one friend who saw us struggling, she brought us around a casserole - it wasn't anything special as such, but that casserole was one of the best things I'd ever tasted as 1, I hadn't cooked it... 2, it was made with love... 3, it showed us that whilst we had so many people distancing themselves because they didn't understand Williams allergies etc that we still had friends who cared Smile

I still remember the day she brought it around... I wasn't sure whether to cry or laugh... Smile There are some lovely people in the world Smile
Tygrays
Tygrays

http://www.katami.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:26 am

Tygrays wrote:
Anyways I digress, we had one friend who saw us struggling, she brought us around a casserole - it wasn't anything special as such, but that casserole was one of the best things I'd ever tasted as 1, I hadn't cooked it... 2, it was made with love... 3, it showed us that whilst we had so many people distancing themselves because they didn't understand Williams allergies etc that we still had friends who cared Product giveaway #4 Icon_smile

I still remember the day she brought it around... I wasn't sure whether to cry or laugh... Product giveaway #4 Icon_smile There are some lovely people in the world Product giveaway #4 Icon_smile

that is a great story....somebody reaching out when someone else is in the midst of a personl horror story...thanks for sharing it with us Product giveaway #4 664869
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda_M Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:37 am

Oh Treens, that is such a lovely story.
It sure is amazing how many truly wonderful people there are in the world and it usually is the little things... like the gift of a home cooked meal or just or shoulder to cry on or an ear to vent in... that make the biggest impact on our lives... Just when we feel like the world sucks, a little ray of sunshine comes along to warm our heart...

Speaking of warmth... my memorable male made meal (try said that 5 times over really fast!!!)... was made by my dear old Dad (who now watches over me from above).

My Mum left us when I was five and every morning Dad would wake up and cook me a hot breakfast before he left for work. Poached Eggs, Omlettes, Pancakes and French Toast were often on the menu, but my absolute favourite were Crumbed Lambs Brains... (I know, I can hear the eewwww... yukks... already, but seriously they taste like very tender chicken!).

My Dad would then pack my lunchbox for school then headed off for his day-job as a Spray Painter before returning home to cook dinner and do the housework and other jobs he performed in his other job as Mr-Mum.

Last edited by Linda_M on Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : words omitted)
Linda_M
Linda_M

http://littlemisspuddleduck.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Wow treens you are so totally amazing with what you've dealt with.Inspirational *hugs*

My stepdad came to my "rescue" when I broke up with my boyfriend of almost 12 months. I always lost my appetite when my boyfriend and I fought & the only way to bring me around to eating was for my stepdad to make one of his "signature dishes". He did marinated spare ribs with the most beautifully cooked vegies & followed it with a home made chocolate mudcake.
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygrays Fri Aug 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Thanks Aura, but not amazing at all... I just do what any other parent in the same situation would do... Smile
Tygrays
Tygrays

http://www.katami.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:12 pm

This is hard, most of the people in my life cook for me often, including my hubby but my Dad doesn't so I will share a food story of his. When I was a kid he took me out fishing for the day with the plan of eating some sausages for lunch. He couldn't get the fire alight so he carefully put some petrol on it....then put the sausages on the grill and told me to call him when they looked ready while he cleaned some fish. About 1 minute later they were looking done so I told Dad they were ready....he obviously didn't believe me....after 2 I told him they were burning....he came and checked then and sure enough - the sausages were black....the fire was just too hot....can not remember what we ended up eating....but I don't think it was the black sausages. LOL.
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by karenh Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:28 pm

My MIL cooked a lovely meal for us while staying with her she had a wood stove and we could land there at ay given time she could feed us with no worries - she is no longer here but I remember her cooking skills

I had been sick recently and too sick to cook or do anything my eldest son took over the home rountine and made the nicest tea for my family , it was so lovely he could look after everyone for me , once better he cooked for me as well

karenh

Back to top Go down

Post by Billie Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:46 pm

In 11 years my hubby has probably cooked only a handful of times and mostly it has been sausages, mash, peas and corn, yes I know, very rivetting, But I was thinking back to when we first met. After a few weeks he asked me if I would like to meet his mum and dad. We drove the 45 mins to Maldon to have tea with them. We had this really yummy crumbed chicken, big fat crunchy home made chips, peas, corn and pumpkin. It was so nice. Anyway the next week we went back, and had exactly the same meal. Well after another few weeks of going there and having the same meal, I finally built up the courage to ask Matt if that's all him mum knew how to cook. I was so embarrassed asking him but he casually said that he had been having that meal every Tuesday night since he left home at 17 because it was his favourite. And you know I have been having that same meal every Tuesday for the last 11 years! I have never tried to replicate it, I don't think I could and I look forward to not having to cook on Tuesday nights.
Billie
Billie

Back to top Go down

Post by Becci Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:35 pm

Oh that's so sweet of your MIL Shaz to cook that for DH.
Becci
Becci

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:45 pm

My most memorable meal cooked by my DP was the first time I went over to his place. (The evening after our first date.) He was very keen to impress me, so cooked me a steak and made me a salad. The steak was great...the salad consisted of whatever he had handy to chop up and throw in (egg, cheese, tomato, pinapple, lettuce). I don't normally like raw tomato, but didnt say a word about it and ate it anyway...LOL He also did the dishes and had the fire going for me...so yes, I was suitably impressed.

(9 years down the track and that is still the extent of his culinary skills though!!!)
Product giveaway #4 680678
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Fri Aug 13, 2010 11:01 pm

Well i am lucky, being married to an ex-butcher, my hubby cooks quite often - at least once a week!! He loves cooking with the best (and most expensive) cuts of meat, and loves experimenting. He will add a little of everything he feels like until it tastes good, then dish it up!! Normally i am too scared to try it cos the smells coming from the kitchen have been horrible, but it always tastes awesome!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by meterr Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:33 pm

I love every Thanksgiving when my Gram-in law makes her famous Mac-and Cheese!
meterr
meterr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down