Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice!

2 posters

Go down

Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! Empty Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice!

Post by Charmane Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:39 pm

Arroz Con Pollo (Mexican-style chicken and rice )
Serving Size:
Serves 6
Category:
Chicken, Dinner
Special Info:
Egg free, Lactose free
Ingredients:

* 4 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
* 3 chicken drumsticks
* 1 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 small onion, finely sliced
* 1 large carrot, peeled and chopped
* 1 large garlic clove, peeled, and smashed
* ½ teaspoon ground cumin
* 400g tin diced tomatoes
* 1 cup white rice
* 2 cups chicken stock
* 1 ½ teaspoon salt
* ground pepper
* ½ cup frozen peas

Method:

Bring a large, heavy-based frying pan to medium heat and then add oil.

Brown chicken pieces in batches, remove and set aside.

Reduce heat, add onion, garlic and carrot and cook until soft, about three minutes. Add tomatoes, stock, cumin, rice, salt and pepper to taste.

Bring to a boil then reduce to a low simmer. Place chicken pieces back in the pan neatly, and cover allowing to simmer on low heat.

Once the rice is nearly ready - about 10 minutes - turn off heat, sprinkle with peas, and cover tightly. Do not open rice for at least another 20 minutes.

Serve immediately.
Notes

* You can add any vegetables you would like to this instead of peas, such as green beans, zucchini or corn.
* This dish is called Arroz con pollo in Mexican, and my version is based on my mum’s awesome Mexican rice. I love it so much I wanted to make a main dish out of it. When I was little I used to open the rice after the heat was turned off and get in HUGE trouble! I’m not sure what happens but according to Lucy, DON’T do it!
* You can sprinkle grated tasty cheese over this too for kids.
* You can also serve with slices of avocado.
* This recipe was created by Kristine Duran-Thiessen for Kidspot, Australia’s best recipe finder

http://www.kidspot.com.au/recipes-for+2 ... ce-%29.htm

*** Personally I cook the rice separately from the main meal.... due to having a rice cooker {and it will always turn out LOL} I use stock to cook it with though!
Charmane
Charmane

http://ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/charmscreations/

Back to top Go down

Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! Empty Re: Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice!

Post by Soupie Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:17 pm

YUM Charm! Thanks! Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican style chicken & rice! Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum