Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Product giveaway #1 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Product giveaway #1 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Product giveaway #1 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Product giveaway #1 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Product giveaway #1 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Product giveaway #1 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Product giveaway #1 EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Product giveaway #1 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Product giveaway #1 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Product giveaway #1 EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Product giveaway #1

+10
Niccinu
redant
AuraScrap
karenh
Tygrays
princessbeccie
Billie
Becci
vickstar
Kathie
14 posters

Go down

Product giveaway #1 Empty Product giveaway #1

Post by Kathie Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:01 am

Okay~first up we have a couple of inks for you Very Happy
(for some reason I can't upload a picture)
1 Tim Holtz distress ink "walnut stain"
1 Tsukineko Brilliance ink "cosmic copper"
Now to win these just tell us about a memorable Acheivement in your life!! Smile
xoxo
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Product giveaway #1 Empty Re: Product giveaway #1

Post by vickstar Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:09 am

WOW!! Pick me, pick me!! Smile What an awesome giveaway!! Smile

Now, my memorable achievement, other than giving birth, lol, would have to be graduating from Uni!! Smile I had to leave home to go to Uni, i did a double degree that was run at the same time as a joint effort by the uni and TAFE!! I have a Bachelor of Management and an Advanced Diploma in Tourism! I got engaged during my 3rd year of uni and married during the 4th year, so i think i did really well to pass!! lol!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 am

I'll say you did well to pass and you still haven't slowed down any!!! Product giveaway #1 680678
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by Becci Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:19 am

Well Done Vicki that's great!

yeah the whole giving birth thing here too. But for me it would be moving to Victor. Was quite a scarey prospect. I did have a good friend and my mum here, which helped but it was very scarey, and exciting. Plus I didn't have my license then so had to work out how to get around a very large town (went form a pop of 1,500 to 12,000) without a car or any public transport service.
Best move I ever made though.
Becci
Becci

Back to top Go down

Post by Billie Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 am

As Vicki said, apart from our beautiful babies, mine would be graduating from the Victorian Police Academy on 26th July 2002. (It's coming up to my 8 year anniversary in the job) I had to move to the academy in Melb for 5 months. I could travel home on the weekends but once VicPol took out the ridiculous amount of rent they charged, and I paid my mortgage and car loan, I had $20 a fortnight to live off. Thank god for my partner at the time, who is now my hubby, who paid for my petrol so I could get home. Oh and I attended Vicki's wedding in my first month of being at the academy, AND on my 29th birthday. She even presented me with a pair of handcuffs at her wedding Product giveaway #1 352540 . I had to take my study notes with me and study in the car and at the motel because I had an exam on the Monday. I drove from Melb to Bendigo Friday night, Bendigo to Mount Gambier Saturday morning, MG to Bendigo Sunday morning then Bendigo to Melb Sunday night to be back in time for the exam first thing Monday morning. Now isn't that love Vicki.
Product giveaway #1 664869
Billie
Billie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:45 am

That is so sweet....I'm a sucker for a "love story" Product giveaway #1 301489
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:47 am

LOL, i didn't know that Shaz!! Smile Now i just love ya more!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Billie Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:50 am

Product giveaway #1 306819 Product giveaway #1 301489
Billie
Billie

Back to top Go down

Post by princessbeccie Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:29 pm

lol other then giving birth........ there isnt any greater achievement for me!!
So giving birth to my gorgeous Daughter Trinity-Shayde is my greatest achievement in life so far and i love her to bits shes perfect xoxox
she was born:
9/9/09 at 9:26am, 7pound 5ounces
I love my lil hunnybun!!
princessbeccie
princessbeccie

Back to top Go down

Post by Tygrays Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:09 pm

My greatest achievement (besides having my beautiful kidletts and moving to SA - because to me we're still in the middle of coming through that - so success is still not guaranteed Wink) is the fact that we still have William with us. He was born with multiple food allergies and anaphylaxis and the foodstuff he wasn't allergic to he was intolerant to. When I first noticed his reactions he was 3 weeks old and covered head to foot with a rash. My GP told me I was simply depressed and not coping with 3 children. I never went back to him!!!

We fought tooth and nail to keep him on earth. He had contact allergies (disposable nappies, wipes, shampoos etc) as well as airborne allergies - meaning if he was in the room with someone who had eaten peanuts that morning he would anaphylax - made for a solitary life - but we've come through. He was one of 5 children with similar conditions in Tasmania at the time. To wean him onto food we would book into the Royal Hobart hospital for it to be done under supervision, same with immunisations (which had to cease due to severe reactions). He even fought a flesh eating bug that he caught from a Dr surgery when he had chickenpox at 2 years old. He really is our little miracle and the fact I've stayed sane and rational, held down a job and been able to run a household whilst keeping him as healthy and happy as possible really has to be my greatest achievement so far.

Now he's a obnoxious 9 year old who's mouth works a lot quicker than his brain at times haha. He shows no signs of the difficult time he had as an infant and child - and now the only allergies he has are run of the mill dust (airbiorne) and grass (airborne and contact) allergies and severe allergy to peanuts (ingestion and contact).
Tygrays
Tygrays

http://www.katami.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by karenh Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:26 pm

achievements what comes to mind
3 heirs to the family
caring for my son when he was burnt as a 8 month old
plus many more things inbetween
learners week award in 2003 for supporting my rural community
cert 3 in IT
cert 4 in Small Business Management
when I was a lower pass at school I never thought I would gain any cert's to my name
married for 22 years love my man heaps and how we are think alike , know each other that well , our relationship is that close when he was sent to help with the Vic fires I cried as he left I slept with his Roberts hat I couldn't do anything all week but think of him and the conditions which I knew where so dangerous that he was working in and cried when he walked up the drive in one piece when I knew he had a few close calls on night shift , he is so caring supportive friend and hubby also having all my family at home
fire fighter
learnt to drive at 24

but to single one thing out would have to be the council tender I did had no idea about tenders and was told my tender was put together excellent with lots of info and presentation was the best one over all so that was a huge achievement for me personally which lead to us gaining the job 1st of July 2010

karenh

Back to top Go down

Post by AuraScrap Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:24 pm

Being the first in my family to not only be accepted but to graduate University - all done as an external student.I now have a Bachelor of Social Science Product giveaway #1 Icon_biggrin
To get my full licence at the age of 22

But another that really stands out would be helping fundraise & put together a book of stories about their illnessess/lives written by consumers of mental health services and their carers called "journeys" it was well recieved by areas of Hunter New England health services & is currently available in our local library.Each contributor also got their own copy. I had 2 stories & a poem of mine published in the book.
AuraScrap
AuraScrap

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:03 pm

Oh dear - there are many...but probably one of the biggest acheivements (that I did on my own) was to immigrate to Canada and live there (with the wonderful support of my hubby) for just over 8 years. Huge, huge, huge achievement. I remember going through the big silver doors at Melbourne airport waving goodbye to my parents wondering, what the heck am I doing? Yes it was hard, but I will never look back!
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Niccinu Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:18 pm

hmmmm... well i'll have to say my FIRST big achievement was finishing year 12 while pregnet with twins and living out of home with my b/f (hubby now), it was a big thing for me especially since i nearly didnt make it through the first term without being expelled but then i found out i was pregnet so i decided to settle down LOL, oh the joys life brings us....

Niccinu

Back to top Go down

Post by Soupie Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:21 pm

I am with Vicki on this one...besides creating my beautiful girl, mine would have to be earning my uni degree. It took 5 HARD FOUGHT years to get it...during which time time I worked full-time to support myself through it, got married & then divorced, moved into my first place by myself, resigned from my job of 8.5 years and started a new one, my beautiful dogs passed away...all the usual stuff. To top it off I completed a Bachelor of Science in Public Health after having not studied science since year 9 at school. (I had to self-teach myself chemistry at a university level just to be able to keep up with other students.)
I am very proud of myself when I look back on it all. Product giveaway #1 Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:01 pm

Memorable Event would be ....there is a lot in my life but the main focus would be...escaping domestic violence from my ex husband with my 2 children..I made the decision after 15 years I wasn't going to put up with the mind games, sexual abuse and physical abuse. Not sure where the courage came from but once he was starting to beat my oldest daughter something snapped...Wonderful women from Magnola Place helped me I started afresh and wanted no divorce settlement as I couldn't stand seeing him in court...Basically all I have is from hard work even though my now partner is in ill health (he is younger by 6 years) BUT we don't know what the future brings us and I met my friend who became a lover after 2 years then a loving partner..and our motto is Respect each other!!! We have been together 9 years I can't believe and that song ...I Am A Survivor is mine LOL
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda_M Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:16 pm

My achievement is probably a little less exciting than most of you, it doesn't involve giving birth, getting married or graduating university. But to me, it was something that I'm very glad I endured, and even more glad that I can share this achievement here with you right now...

About 10 years ago I found a small lump in my breast. Within days I was living my worst nightmare. When the doctor said the word "Cancer" my entire world was turned upside down. One minute I was thinking, "oh it's going to be fine, just a cyst or something like that".

But somewhere between wanting to burst into tears and scream out "THIS IS NOT FAIR!!!" and shaking my fist to the heavens saying "WHY ME???"... I suddenly felt an overwhelming sense of calmness. I rang my Mum and said "now Mum, I need you to promise me something, under no circumstances are you to get upset and you are definitely not allowed to cry. I have just been told I have breast cancer, but I am going to beat this and I'm going to be fine. Okay?" I then added that if she cried, then I would cry, and I did not want to waste my time or energy crying".

I repeated the same conversation with other family members and my closest friends and again stressed that they were not to cry because I was not going to cry.

Ten years on I still have the ugly scars to remind me of that time in my life, and I am super vigilant with follow-up appointments.

But most importantly I have the knowledge that I was able to achieve something miraculous. I survived. And thanks to IVF I also have a precious little girl who is now six. Life is good! Product giveaway #1 Icon_wink

Linda x
Linda_M
Linda_M

http://littlemisspuddleduck.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:25 pm

Oh wow Linda!! Congrats on beating Cancer!! What a scary time of your life, but good that you could stay strong and see the light at the end of the tunnel!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Linda_M Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:35 pm

Thanks Vicki.
Product giveaway #1 306819
It really does make you appreciate what you have and see life from a whole new perspective.
Linda_M
Linda_M

http://littlemisspuddleduck.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:51 pm

Product giveaway #1 664869 just for you Linda and thanks for telling us your story....thank you it may just help somebody else!! Product giveaway #1 301489
Kathie
Kathie

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:48 pm

Congratulations on your telling your story....what a terrific outcome to have your beautiful girl Smile
Julie
Julie

Back to top Go down

Post by Billie Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:46 am

Oh Linda thank you for sharing your story, you should have told me I wasn't allowed to cry either Product giveaway #1 Icon_sad Product giveaway #1 Icon_biggrin
Billie
Billie

Back to top Go down

Post by jjw Thu Jul 15, 2010 7:30 pm

I just want to say congratulations to all of you! An achievement doesnt have to be something big to make it an achievement. It just needs to have a journey to get you there. It's not always an easy one but it's something that makes us a better person in the end.
jjw
jjw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down