Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
Week 8: Get Stamping! EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

Week 8: Get Stamping!

4 posters

Go down

Week 8: Get Stamping! Empty Week 8: Get Stamping!

Post by Soupie Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:16 am

This week's challenge to get your mojo flowing is to dust off your stamps and try some different stamping techniques! Week 8: Get Stamping! Icon_biggrin

Stamps come in different themes and varieties. The stamp type, medium and image will all help to create a unique effect.

Inking a Stamp
There are a few options for inking stamps. You can press the stamp down onto the ink, turn the stamp over and press the ink onto the stamp or use markers to colour different sections of the stamp for multi-coloured images.

Foam Stamps
Foam stamps work best with paint and thicker mediums. Simply apply paint to the stamp, then stamp onto your surface.

Embossing Powder
Embossing creates a raised edge to an image. It's done with pigment inks because they are slower drying than dye-based inks. Stamp the image, sprinkle embossing powder over it, tap the excess powder off (tip it onto paper and funnel back into the jar), then use a paintbrush to remove powder in areas that aren't part of the design. Next, heat the image with an embossing tool (or improvise with a toaster). It's best to heat the image from the bottom so you don't blow any powder away. Once you have mastered the art of embossing, you can mix up the ingredients, for example, use coloured ink and clear powder.

(This basic stamping information was taken from "Scrapbooking the Basics" magazine published by Scrapbooking Memories.)

There are many other wonderful stamping resources out there though.
Here are a couple to try:

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ (Go to the "resources" section for some awesome projects!)

http://rubberstamping.about.com/od/techniquesandtutorials/u/TechniquesUP.htm

Also, try surfing the blogs of some of the "Stampin' Up" demonstrators or try You Tube for some great tutorials.

If anyone has any other great stamping resources to share please post your links here. If you have links to specific techniques or tutorials, you are welcome to post them in the Tips & Techniques area with the relevant post heading (so they are easy for everyone to refer back to).

Last of all, don't forget to share your projects with us if you do dust off the stamps! Week 8: Get Stamping! Icon_wink
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Week 8: Get Stamping! Empty Re: Week 8: Get Stamping!

Post by Guest Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:34 pm

Thanks Sue! I've been stamping lots with paint lately! Smile

Good times! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathie Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:04 pm

great post Sue!! Has inspired me to do something different for next weeks Monday class......l will post a pic in the gallery for you!!
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charmane Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:42 pm

funny you should mention stamping.... I have been eyeing off my box of stamps that have been sitting here in the midst of packing.... i love stamping on transparencies using stazon ink - this is great because you don't have to directly stamp onto your layout {and risk STUFFING IT UP>>>> Lol} stamping on the transparency means you can place it exactly where you want and have a nice clear stamped image too Smile

this is what I did on my "chill" layout for the CC Smile
Charmane
Charmane

http://ourbrightstarsandus.typepad.com/charmscreations/

Back to top Go down

Post by vickstar Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:33 pm

I have been thinking i should us my stamps more too, and i am actually sitting here at my desk with my feet resting on my stamps box, cos i have been making a few cards lately and always use stamps for them!! Smile But definately want to try using them on my layouts more!! I have so many i have never actually used!! Maybe i should make it my mission for April to use at least 1 stamp from every set during the month!! So... who's with me?? lol!! Smile
vickstar
vickstar

http://scrappinvickstar.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down