Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia
Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to the Scrapbooking Top 50 Australia Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Sponsors
Would you like to sponsor a challenge at Top 50 and have your store link shown here?  If so, please contact admin! :)
Top 50 Blinkies!
Snag our blinkie and spread it around the net!!

Latest topics
» Huge amount of scrapbooking items for sale
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:25 am by LisaG

» Announcement... Please Read!!!
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 3:18 pm by vickstar

» Dec / Jan gallery!
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 5:45 pm by Chloe

» December / January monthly ch!
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:51 pm by Chloe

» Photo a day challenge
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 pm by Chloe

» Happy new year everyone ;)
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 6:48 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC WINNERS!!!!!
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyTue Dec 30, 2014 2:07 pm by adrienne

» EXTENSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:51 pm by Chloe

» Nov Cyber Chat!!!
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 3:50 pm by Chloe

» Nov CC challenge 3 GALLERY
PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 1:31 pm by Chloe

PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures

+2
Kathie
Lucie
6 posters

Go down

PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Empty PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures

Post by Lucie Tue Mar 02, 2010 3:12 am

I am sorry I only registered because I need help with something but I am a scrapbooker from Canada and I told my son I would get the information he needs. How’s that for a challenge??? PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Icon_smile

In fact, my son is a photographer and he saved money for years to achieve this dream … He is leaving for Australia in a couple of days. His final destination is Diver’s Den where he will spend a week on a boat to go diving in “the reefs”.

BUT he intends to spend the first 4 days in Sydney. His intention is to rent a bicycle and pedal (!!!). On his list of “must-visit” … Imax, Aquarium, Bondi Beach and Blue Monuntain National Park.

Of coure, we/I want pictures with koala and kangaroos and all this beautiful nature you have. Saw a couple of places on the Net where they show pictures with koalas but they do not seem taken in nature, more in a studio-like environment.

Can you PLEASE recommend places where he should go to get the most-beautiful-nature pictures EVER J

Lucie

Back to top Go down

PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Empty Re: PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures

Post by Kathie Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:14 am

I live in Victoria and don't have a clue about Sydney, but I'm sure that one of the lovely ladies from that area will be able to help you out. I pray that your son enjoys his visit to our beautiful country!!
Kathie
Kathie
Kathie

http://www.scraphappykat.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Empty Re: PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures

Post by Soupie Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:05 am

I am sure he will be able to find plenty of places around Sydney Harbour to get great scenery photos. Unfortunately though, not every tree here in Australia is home to a koala, so for the highest chance of getting photos of Australian wildlife, it is best to visit a wildlife park such as Featherdale. (A good stop on the way to the Blue Mountains, but he won't be riding a bike that far!)
Happy travels. PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Icon_biggrin
Soupie
Soupie

http://soupie75.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:20 am

Sorry - I too am not from Sydney so I have no idea where to recommend. When I was a kid I went to Warratah National Park where Skippy was filmed and they had Koalas there....but I am not even sure if it is still there. I do a LOT of camping and stuff and must say, that I have never seen a Koala in the wild to this day. Hope your son has a safe trip.

And BTW -Go Team Canada.....that was some hockey game yesterday! PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures 438175 DH was very proud to wear his Team Canada cap to work today!
redant
redant

http://redantscrap.blogspot.com  http://tramenglish.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by retta Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Sorry I dont live in NSW either. I have been through the Blue Mountains but didnt stop. Were I live in Victoria there are in town, koalas (some even in backyards of people I know, foxes and rabbits (both feral), on the local beach is a pair of Glossy Black Cockatoos, just out of town I have seen echidnas and kangaroos, feral deer, have also heard of feral pigs just out of town. There are also seals/sea lions and sea eagles as well as more birds that there are too many to list! PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Icon_biggrin
retta
retta

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:41 am

Thank you very much girls ... I will give him that info.

Have a great life
L.

Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie M Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:31 pm

Taronga Zoo has FANTASTIC views of the city and harbour. You can also have your photo taken with Koalas at particular times of the day. It is still a zoo, but as natural as you will get in the city!

Next to the aquarium in Darling Harbour is an Aussie wildlife place, I have not been in, but in would have all of our animals, but they may be behind glass.... not sure.

Hope he enjoys his trip and gets all of the pictures he is chasing! Smile
Julie M
Julie M

http://enlighteningtheworld.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:06 am

Thank you Julie, I will tell him that via webcam because ... he is en route for this 23-hour flight. Ah! Be young again!

L.

Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:04 am

Lucie - 23 hours is actually pretty good. One time it took us 48 hours from door to door with an almost 2 year old in tow! What part of Canada are you from?
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:13 am

Montreal ... well, suburbs of.

Now I am curious ... 48 hours ... where are you from ... or was it a delay/weather problem?

L.

Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:25 am

A bit of everything really Lucie. We flew from Ottawa (which is where we lived) through to Toronto (a2 hour delay there) to Chicago (with a 8 hour delay or something ridiculous like that), then to LA (with a 4 or 5 hour delay) - to Auckland (with a 2 hour or so delay) and then to Sydney where we were picked up and drove 6 hours to home which is on the border of NSW and Vic. It was trully one of the most horrendous trips we EVER made.......I must say our DS who was nearly 2 at the time was actually VERY good. If we tried to make the trip with our 2 year old DD now - I think we would all be nuts. Now if we have a long delay - we stay the night and continue the trip the next day - it is easier in some ways.

Montreal.......I love Montreal! I love going down to old Montreal and walking all day and eating in all the nice restraunts there and I LOVE the Notre Dame. The shopping in Montreal is sooooo much better than in Ottawa. Much more variety and colour! Is English your first or second language? Would love to hear more about you if you decide to stick around....we are a pretty good bunch really.....(some of us are a little crazy....but good! PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Icon_wink )
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:33 am

Crazy is good (your last comment!)

You are the living proof of patience ... wow, could not stay that long "in transit".

I am French but I work mostly in English, so! It is a little strange (or maybe not!) that you belong to a "forum" so far ... Do you find it a little frustrating when people talk about that store ... or that store where they have this and that to sell ... and it is not even in your country ???

L.

Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:36 pm

Hehehe - I wont EVER spend that long in transit again. We were flying with our free points from aeroplan and they really stuffed us around. I am not sure if you can call us patient or crazy. I still remember vividly being in Chicago airport and finding an inside playground...I think we spent at least 4 hours there and DS thought all his Christmas' had come at once.

I am actually now in Australia. I dragged my Canadian hubby back here about 7 years ago after living there for 8 years - so I don't have a problem with the stores being far away. I don't really belong to the forum to buy things though. I just love to be able to chat about scrapping stuff with likeminded people. If I had of found an international forum with such a great bunch of people as on here, I would of joined them. As it is - most of us live miles away from one another anyway. Like from Montreal to Vancouver and stuff like that....so there is a good chance that some of us will never meet in real life (which is sad really!)

Hope you stick around.
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:15 pm

Ok ... you make it interesting. Time to go to bed for me. Tomorrow is Friday here ... And I guess you're already on Saturday, right?

One more workday ... and then relax a little. And you won me - I will give this place a better look in the weekend. I got this address from the Net when I wanted to post my request. Why did I pick this one, we'll never know I guess ... the "50" sounded important.

Night, night
Don't let the bed bugs bite
Smile

Lucie

Back to top Go down

Post by redant Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:18 pm

Great - I look forward to seeing you around....and nope, it is still Friday, but Friday afternoon. Right now I think we are only 14 hours ahead of you....but soon it will be 16, when we both do the daylight savings thing. Bon Nuit. PLEASE - I need your advice where to get good nature pictures Icon_biggrin
redant
redant

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum